Maho Beach

manders175

Hello everyone!!

Was just wondering when most of the big planes fly in to Maho? I wanted to also hit up the Boardwalk and get into the Pirates in Paradise Bar which is a Buckeye bar. (From Ohio here!) I know we have to be back on the ship by 4 and wanted to time things right. I'm pretty sure the Paradise Bar on the Boardwalk doesn't open until at least 11 but wanted to experience the planes too.

Thanks in advance!!

If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can find a free app at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flight-board/id690568297?mt=8, where you can find all arrivals and departures for St. Maarten airport, just search for SXM (the IATA code) or Princess Juliana. In addition you can find similar data for just about any larger airport in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like between 1pm and 3pm.

What she said...... At least when I was there on the carnival Liberty (now the Fascination is doing the same loop) on a Saturday, the bigger planes (no 747s but some 757, 737s) arrive between 1:50 and 2:30pm. Same type of airplanes have departures between 2:00 and 3:30pm.

I can confirm this now....just got back from 10 days there.

Most larger planes arrive between 1-2pm and depart between 3-5pm.

Canadian airlines seem to arrive on Saturdays and Sundays...We saw KLM, Delta and American Airlines during the week. If you go don't drive there. Parking is a nightmare. Take a bus or a taxi.

Most taxi drivers will come back and get you if you pre-arrange a time with them.

Sunset Beach Bar or Guy's Driftwood Boat Bar?

Our preference is Sunset Bar and Grill, I find all the action at Sunset, love when they have entertainment there during the day. Prices for food and drinks are a little less at Guy's. You can easily walk a few minutes from one place to the other. Enjoy with whatever you decide to do.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising