Upgrade to Grand Suite

cricket_7

We are booked on the Fascination for a May sailing. I received an upgrade call from Carnival to move from a Balcony to a Grand Suite for $500, which I turned down at the time.

Out of curiosity and to see how many GS were available, I went to the website and did a mock booking. The price difference was $360 more than what I booked our balcony room for.

So I called Carnival and mentioned that I wanted to check on the possibility of an upgrade. I gave her the mock booking price, room #, and rate that I used for the mock booking. She checked my original rate to make sure it allowed changes and confirmed that the difference would only be $360 which I went ahead and paid!

Just a little heads up to double check the rate to make sure you are getting the best deal with an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the Fascination for a May sailing. I received an upgrade call from Carnival to move from a Balcony to a Grand Suite for $500, which I turned down at the time.

Out of curiosity and to see how many GS were available, I went to the website and did a mock booking. The price difference was $360 more than what I booked our balcony room for.

So I called Carnival and mentioned that I wanted to check on the possibility of an upgrade. I gave her the mock booking price, room #, and rate that I used for the mock booking. She checked my original rate to make sure it allowed changes and confirmed that the difference would only be $360 which I went ahead and paid!

Just a little heads up to double check the rate to make sure you are getting the best deal with an upgrade.

I'm thinking Fascination has different categories of Grand Suites. One is an extended balcony Grand Suite ES and the other is Grand Suite GS. That might explain the difference in the prices you were given.

But the important thing is that you are happy with what you booked. No doubt you'll enjoy early embarkation and having extra room in your cabin. I hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for share.

Congrats.

Do you know? Was it a difference in 2 types of Grand suites??? Would hate to think their upgrade was more than your actual cost if you are on same page.

At any rate congrats and have a great cruise...Any suite that is quiet and has more room sounds fabulous. I have been in the Fantasy class smaller suites with smaller less private balconies on a cruise crawl and liked them too....so did the folks enjoying them.

Edited by sjn911

Yes there are two different GS on the Fascination. The more expensive one has an extended balcony. The $500 price she offered was for the regular GS. I had cruisedeckplans pulled up to confirm which room she was offering.

yes there are two different gs on the fascination. The more expensive one has an extended balcony. The $500 price she offered was for the regular gs. I had cruisedeckplans pulled up to confirm which room she was offering.

Sent from my iphone using forums mobile app

how do you know which suites have the extended balcony? We have suite u87 does that have the extended balcony?

how do you know which suites have the extended balcony? We have suite u87 does that have the extended balcony?

The deck plans clearly show which suites have larger balconies. U87 is a standard GS, no extended balcony. EM

Thanks! I'm pretty excited! It will be our first time. It's just me and my kids cruising this time, so I'm not going to tell them about it, so they will be surprised when they walk in!! We usually get two cabins and the 3 of them are usually stuck in an interior together..lol.