Limelight club on britannia

TORTY2

If you visit the Limelight club is dining there essential? We like the idea of the club but, having seen the menus, we're not overly impressed, so wonder if it's acceptable to eat at one of the other restaurants and just go for the cabaret. It's not about cost, rather the choice of menus there. Or is it worth foregoing better food options just to enjoy the atmosphere there.

when we went to limelight for Cheryl Baker, the meal is staggered,from memory

we had starters then she came

on explained the format of the evening and she came to each table to say

thank you for coming to see her, sang a song told us how she got started

in show business then she popped off we had rest of meal then when

coffees were served she returned so if it's an act you are really keen to see you may miss

some of the performance, hope this helps in some way

Mrs Blue Sky

If you visit the Limelight club is dining there essential? We like the idea of the club but, having seen the menus, we're not overly impressed, so wonder if it's acceptable to eat at one of the other restaurants and just go for the cabaret. It's not about cost, rather the choice of menus there. Or is it worth foregoing better food options just to enjoy the atmosphere there.

I think (and I stand to be corrected) that any passenger can enter the Limelight Club, free of charge, but only after the main act has finished. So, for instance, if you wanted to see Cheryl Baker or Dean Andrews, etc, you would have to pay extra; the meal is included and served around the performance, so you can't have the 'star' act without the meal. As I said, I could be wrong but I feel sure that I read this in some blurb.

Hi when we went the meal was before the act, I think they had decided that staggering the courses wasn't working due to feedback, however, I am not sure if this was reverted. You could eat at the buffet, go to the club, sit at your table and simply refuse the meal. I think so long as you explained this they would be fine (otherwise they would probably get anxious trying to please). If you did this you would still have to pay the cover charge. I have to say the menu didn't particularly appeal to me, but when the food arrived we enjoyed it. So - it's your holiday and you can make things work for you, if you have no objection to the cover charge.