spa balcony...worth $200?

RMac713

I am pricing the Magic and I can get a spa balcony room for $200 over a regular balcony room. We loved the rainforest room on our DCL cruise so I think this would be really cool, but if any of you have experienced this area let me know what you thought, and if it's worth $200.

It is worth it to us - we booked a spa cabin on our upcoming Magic cruise. We really enjoy the fact that it is a co-ed spa and we can use the thalassotherapy pool and all of the saunas together. The couple's pass for the week is the other option, but they are not always available.

We basically paid only $100 more in total to move up to a spa interior, and that was definitely worth it. I would pass if it were $200 more, but many people would see that as a bargain. It is cheaper than keeping your current room and getting the couples pass, which is over $250. I posted pics of the spa in my Magic review. The link is in my signature. Maybe those pics will give you an idea of if it would be worth it for you.

YES. I did one with the Breeze last year, LOVED it. Also, the views from the higher decks are breath-taking a quick elevator ride to the spa or a nice spiral staircase down. Also, scented body scrub included, which is awesome in the steam room...I got the citrus one.

The Therapy spa has great jets and the ceramic loungers with the view was awesome. Highly recommend.

OP, the question is, is it worth it to you. We love the spa balcony. The rooms are nicely appointed, deck 12 was so quiet, and the eucalyptus smells in the hall are wonderful. We were one flight of stairs to the Serenity area and bar.

I am pricing the Magic and I can get a spa balcony room for $200 over a regular balcony room. We loved the rainforest room on our DCL cruise so I think this would be really cool' date=' but if any of you have experienced this area let me know what you thought, and if it's worth $200.[/quote']

It all depends on how much you will use it.

OP, the question is, is it worth it to you. We love the spa balcony. The rooms are nicely appointed, deck 12 was so quiet, and the eucalyptus smells in the hall are wonderful. We were one flight of stairs to the Serenity area and bar.

Eucalyptus smells in the hallway? I would love that! I was surprised at how much DH enjoyed our rainforest time, so I think it would get some good use. Plus it would be a good adult getaway space besides serenity, or the adult pool that allows kids in the general area.(Or am I confused about that...I've been looking at several ships).

Edited by Rock'n Robin

I was spoiled on my first cruise with a spa balcony. It's a refreshing and relaxing experience in the spa. Also, morning coffee and a simple quick breakfast on the BALCONY, courtesy of room service, is a wonderful sunrise experience. The balcony also makes for great sail away from port in the evening, enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine before heading out to YTD. I will always look for the a spa balcony room and my last booking they had a special on the DREAM where the spa balconies were priced lower than the regular balconies. Ah, cruising is such sweet bliss.

The area where the cabins are is great too - quiet, and not a lot of foot traffic. I've had 5 spa balcony cabins and never had a kid neighbor either, which is cool too (I like kids, but I like the quiet too).

We have an afternoon spa "ritual" - and at $200 that sounds decent. You may get some price drops along the way too. Our Oct Magic sailing last year had $400 in drops we were eligible for. Win win!