Dressing down in Palo

Steelers0854

I can totally appreciate where you are coming from when other cruisers are being rude and trying to have the world revolve around them. Completely unacceptable.

What I have trouble with is the dress codes that are a throw back to the traditional days of cruising. I know I am a fairly new cruiser but I found that the dress codes were more adhered to by experienced cruisers. I'm not sure if this is maintaining the tradition or is enjoyable for these individuals.

Being in the fun and exciting atmosphere of a cruise, I don't usually want to head back to my room and get dressed up to grab dinner. I also don't want to be stuck in the buffet. I guess my point is that as long as the way someone is dressed doesn't affect your experience, no need to turn your nose up.

Maybe I'm on the outside looking in.

No doubt this is just a reflection of society, and if you grew up in a different time you might be apt to think it's a downward slide vs just a change since it was in the past more effort was put to dress and making a "to do" about occasions. But hey, you have millionaires dressing in jeans and hoodies because they don't have to fit into the old business model and think they might as well be comfortable. Just a different mind set.

Also, just as it used to be a big deal to take a trip on a jet liner and people dressed up for that. Cruising is becoming more accessible to the main stream and it is more of a get away vs an occasion and people treat it as such.

On DCL I went back to the room to change every night and it wasn't a big deal. On NCL I didn't every night and it was nice that dinner wasn't such a production that had to be planned around if you didn't want to, but you could if you preferred.

Dear Spooky, "I paid my fare to heck with the rules", et al.,

Thank you so so so so so so very much for never sailing Cunard. We who do really appreciate it!

Signed, a fairly young though not "millennial" cruiser who nevertheless appreciates the difference between a voyage on a liner and a cruise on a ship, but still enjoys both, happily adheres to the dress code rules, reads the pre-cruise literature to understand what said code is, and then further realizes everyone follows the dress code rules, regardless of age, attitude or wealth. See you on DCL - I will be the one in cocktail attire.:D

Dear Spooky, "I paid my fare to heck with the rules", et al.,

Thank you so so so so so so very much for never sailing Cunard. We who do really appreciate it!

Signed, a fairly young though not "millennial" cruiser who nevertheless appreciates the difference between a voyage on a liner and a cruise on a ship, but still enjoys both, happily adheres to the dress code rules, reads the pre-cruise literature to understand what said code is, and then further realizes everyone follows the dress code rules, regardless of age, attitude or wealth. See you on DCL - I will be the one in cocktail attire.:D

Glad to hear your dressing habits on canard, we prefer crystal if you want to be away from the rifle raff, cheers!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app