Getting off the ship in port canaveral

pmcantrll

What would be a good time to have my return flight back home?

We had a 11:30 flight in January and had a 2 hour wait at the airport. But a lot will tell you that is way too early. Off the ship at 7:30, shuttle left at 8, airport a little before 9, thru security and at gate by 9:30. This was RCI, Freedom of the Seas.

We had a 11:30 flight in January and had a 2 hour wait at the airport. But a lot will tell you that is way too early. Off the ship at 7:30, shuttle left at 8, airport a little before 9, thru security and at gate by 9:30. This was RCI, Freedom of the Seas.

Better the 2 hour wait than to miss a flight. Not all transportation runs that smoothly. And I guess you did self debarkation too.

Port Canaveral has been hit or miss for us. On Sensation, we were still aboard at 10:00am and that was with self assist. It took them forever to get people off the ship. On Carnival Dream we were in our car by 7:30am (and we did regular debarkation on that one so we could've been off the ship even earlier). On Enchantment of the Seas we purposely held off on getting off the ship because we tried earlier and the self assist was so chaotic that we went back to the cabin. We waited until 9:00am and walked right off the ship with no crowds at that time.

I would book a later flight (1:00pm) and have time to kill rather than spend the entire week crossing my fingers for debarkation to go smoothly and without delays.

One thing to keep in mind is Orlando's security. I have seen some of the worst, lengthiest and most frustrating lines at this airport (and I travel for work). They are long and chaotic because there are so many families traveling with small children and their equipment so that slows things down even further. Allow yourself PLENTY of time. It could literally take you longer to get through security than to drive from port Canaveral to the airport.

As an alternative, you can always fly to MLB (Melbourne). Closer to Port Canaveral and without the crowds! It's a total breeze.

Edited by Tapi

We sailed the Valor 2 weeks ago. We were off the ship by 9 am and were outside waiting for our shuttle to MCO. Our flight wasn't until 3:15. We waited at least 30 minutes for our shuttle to pick us up at the port (Cocoa Beach Shuttle). Security at MCO was an hour long! We were in our terminal by 12:30-isg

yes, we were told, by our shuttle provider, not to book any flight before noon so i have a 12:30 flight. i'm a little antsy about it but it was either that or a 3 pm flight.

yes, we were told, by our shuttle provider, not to book any flight before noon so i have a 12:30 flight. i'm a little antsy about it but it was either that or a 3 pm flight.

Should be a good time. If you have insurance, I think they won't pay off if the flight is missed if your flight was any earlier.

I don't get it when people quote getting off, meeting an early flight. It must be stressful and everything must fall into place and gives a false sense of security to others. And it amazes me how people quote all the times. Really?