Select Beverage Package?

Ok.. I just purchased a select Bev package for my June 5th Liberty sailing.

First of all..I really dont remeber a "select" package before.. I thought they were listed as premium, ultimate, replenish, refresh.

This was for 28.80 per day and listed as 20% off. The only pacages listed were..

Replenish, refresh , select nd Evian water..

Some verbage after I purchased it, said save money on beer wine, etc etc..which made me think this was not an all inclusive package, even though the discription up front was..

Anyhoo..lord..what did I buy..am I just out of the loop on the names?

First of all..I really dont remeber a "select" package before.. I thought they were listed as premium, ultimate, replenish, refresh.

This was for 28.80 per day and listed as 20% off. The only pacages listed were..

Some verbage after I purchased it, said save money on beer wine, etc etc..which made me think this was not an all inclusive package, even though the discription up front was..

Here are the descriptions:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Check out the link that was provided to you. Bottom line, select will cover your beer drinkers and will cover wine drinkers up to $8-$9 per glass. Anything over that or someone wanting mixed/frozen drinks would need to purchase the premium package. Ultimate combines the premium and the royal replenish (special coffees, fresh oj, etc.). Really depends on what you plan on drinking most of the time.

Yea i just came back to say i Went back to the RCL website, and it was there.. But I wonder why the ultimate and premium were not available under " my cruises"

Not that I was going to purchase one of those but it threw me for a loop..

Yea i just came back to say i Went back to the RCL website, and it was there.. But I wonder why the ultimate and premium were not available under " my cruises"

Not that I was going to purchase one of those but it threw me for a loop..

People have been reporting different offerings on the beverage page. Some have one package on sale, and nothing else. Some have multiple packages on sale. There's no pattern, except it's probably another RC web glitch. At least one person has reported being able to get the sale price on a package that was not on the web site by calling.

Check out the link that was provided to you. Bottom line, select will cover your beer drinkers and will cover wine drinkers up to $8-$9 per glass. Anything over that or someone wanting mixed/frozen drinks would need to purchase the premium package. Ultimate combines the premium and the royal replenish (special coffees, fresh oj, etc.). Really depends on what you plan on drinking most of the time.

My wife and I are pretty consistent in what we drink every day. She has a Jack Daniels neat of about 1 1/2 ounces. I will have two for about 3 ounces. We would like to have it in the room, preferably on the balcony. To do this I find that there is no room service for alcoholic drinks and I would have to schlep to a bar on the ship and purchase three drinks and schlep them back. JD is not listed as one of the drinks on a bar menu I found so choosing another similar drink would cost about $21/day for the three or $252 for our 12 days. Purchasing a premium drink package cost $588 for one but I think the rules state that I would have to purchase two packages and it would cost $1176 and I would still have to find the closest bar to do my own room service. Something doesn't seem right about this. Our only other experience was on Carnival where we could buy a 1.75 litre bottle of Jack Daniels for our room for about $90. I guess RCCL expects you to stay in an inebriated state for the journey or do a lot of leg work just to enjoy a drink in your cabin. Another option appears to smuggle in the JD enclosed in plastic containers at a cost of around $45 but it is a risk to do so. Maybe my reasoning is all screwed up.

Edited by Gerry863