Carnival Spirit : April 2016

The outlet is almost flush with the desk - makes it difficult for any plugs that extendes down. There is only one outlet.

I have taken a power board b4 : u need a surge protector on it and ur luggage may be searched (an easy process where u need to collect instead pf delivered) though another thought i had was a small extension cord would work easy - especially if you only have one thing to charge at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ahh, okay that helps me too thanks. I think I have all bases covered now as far as the power thing is concerned.

Next question:

My friend is contemplating the soft drink package... Trying to work out if it is value for $ or not... How big is the soft drink served? Can? Small glass? Etc? It might be worth it each one is a small glass as may want to get another not long after the first. But if it is regular sized can size, might just be best to not bother, and just purchase as wanted.

"Please ask if you guys have any questions - gotten to know the ship well"

Thank you New Cruizer for, what to me is, the most useful info on cruise ships- food & beverages! Your posts get my taste buds going in anticiption for our October cruise on the Spirit.

The All Star Margaurita looks like a stand out attraction!

Did you venture to the Blue Iguana Bar? I loved the Pacifico beers in Puerto Vallarta & Cabo San Lucas when we travelled down the Mexican coast on the Spendor in 2011 & I'm hoping that Pacificos are served in the Spirit's Blue Iguana bar - did you notice?

Once again, thanks.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome thread, just what I was looking for! I am doing the same cruise next week that you just finished.

I have never been on a cruise before so I have no idea what to expect. I have a couple questions which I'm hoping you can help out with (The price of internet was a big help!).

1. How pricey is bottled water on board?

2. How much pre authorisation hold does Carnival put on your card re your on board account? (So I know if I need to transfer more to the account I'm using).

3. I know you can use AUD on Mystery Island, Mare and Lifou (How much cash do you recommend?), but need CFP on Noumea, would you suggest changing money before hand in AUS?

Thanks for your help!

high tea? Is that instead of afternoon tea ? This will be our 4 th cruise but our 1 st with carnival P & O served afternoon tea on all sea days for free do we pay extra for it on Carnival ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your excellent report. We are sailing Sydney to South Pacific 13th June. First time on Carnival after 6 Princess Cruises, so quite excited to try and new ship.

Which cabins were you in? We booked a guarantee balcony (couldn't select a cabin) as we only just booked 10 days ago (last minute plans). The next day we saw we had already been allocated a cabin and were given an extended balcony on deck 8. As we thought from research we would end up with obstructed view balcony we were pretty happy about this. I hope we will still be happy when we finish cruise as there are mixed reviews about being located under lido deck.

Did you do ship excursions? Recommendations for tours? We are going Lifou, Mystery Island, Vila and Noumea?

Thanks