Bourbon/scotch whisky list?

Jwglenn25

Been on several cruises and know for the most part what they offer. But would anyone happen to have a list or menu of the whisky that carnival offers? This will be the first time I'm using the "enhanced" cheers package with the raised limit. Just wondering what some of the more premium choices they had. Thanks in advance

Been on several cruises and know for the most part what they offer. But would anyone happen to have a list or menu of the whisky that carnival offers? This will be the first time I'm using the "enhanced" cheers package with the raised limit. Just wondering what some of the more premium choices they had. Thanks in advance

As a bourbon drinker, I can help with that aspect. Last week I saw:

Bourbons- Woodford Reserve, The Duke and Makers Mark

Rye - Templeton

American Whisky - Gentleman Jack

There were also a fair number of scotches. I am not a fan so I did not pay much attention, but remember J.W. Black, Glenfidich and Glen Morengie(sp?)

Cheers

-F-

Thanks for the reply. I can remember those being offered also. I see they have beer lists and wine lists but I wonder if they don't offer a printed list due to the items changing. Makers is my go to bourbon but woodford is great also. I'll enjoy myself either way

As a bourbon drinker, I can help with that aspect. Last week I saw:

Bourbons- Woodford Reserve, The Duke and Makers Mark

Rye - Templeton

American Whisky - Gentleman Jack

There were also a fair number of scotches. I am not a fan so I did not pay much attention, but remember J.W. Black, Glenfidich and Glen Morengie(sp?)

Sure wish they would broaden their bourbon horizons. lol Both, dh and I, are bourbon drinkers, but do not like any of their offerings. They would get more moolah from us if they did. :D

Sure wish they would broaden their bourbon horizons. lol Both, dh and I, are bourbon drinkers, but do not like any of their offerings. They would get more moolah from us if they did. :D

There is nothing wrong with the Woodford Reserve, so I was happy with that. Avoid the Duke. I expected more, but found it to be harsh.

Cheers

-F-

that library list is pretty much what i was looking for. Thanks I agree in thinking that Woodford is pretty good. Makers is always tasty just was looking to see what else they offered. Don't recall seeing Bookers on the ship but thats a cool addition . Have a bottle of that sitting right in front of me right now. I sail again in a couple weeks so if i have any new findings ill be sure to post them. Thanks for all the other replies

that library list is pretty much what i was looking for. Thanks I agree in thinking that Woodford is pretty good. Makers is always tasty just was looking to see what else they offered. Don't recall seeing Bookers on the ship but thats a cool addition . Have a bottle of that sitting right in front of me right now. I sail again in a couple weeks so if i have any new findings ill be sure to post them. Thanks for all the other replies

I would love to know what single Malt Scotch they have at the steakhouse. If you go there please let me know. Thanks

Montana grandma had a Bourbon every night...deceased at 97.5 years. I can't drink too much anymore...just not good on my stomach...out of the restaurant loop lately...I love that Woodford Reserve....better than Maker's Mark to me..that is nice. Never heard of the Duke.

Booker Noe's recommended way to drink Bookers--2 fingers Bookers 3 fingers branch water. Or at least that what he told me on a Bourbon Trail tour back in the early 90s. Always seemed to work well.

Ardbeg's is a bit too peety for me, but you can't go wrong with Bowmore or the Macallan. No ice. Ask the bartender for it neat and a side of tap water. Just a splash of water is all you need to create an entirely different mouth perspective in any single malt.

I would love to know what single Malt Scotch they have at the steakhouse. If you go there please let me know. Thanks

As of right now I don't believe our group has plans to go to the steakhouse. But maybe I'll swing by there to see if they have a separate beverage list

As of right now I don't believe our group has plans to go to the steakhouse. But maybe I'll swing by there to see if they have a separate beverage list

I thought I read that there was a bar in the steakhouse that anyone may visit. Can someone confirm this?

Edited by jac-3
anyone to someone

I thought I read that there was a bar in the steakhouse that anyone may visit. Can someone confirm this?
I've seen people just go to the bar in some of the steakhouses - not many, but it's available if there's a bar in the steakhouse. There are bars on Conquest and Spirit-class ships, not sure about Dream-class (we didn't go to the steakhouse on Breeze).

I've always gone to the steakhouse just for drinks. They always had the best scotch.

I've always gone to the steakhouse just for drinks. They always had the best scotch.

That's what I thought. I have cheers, and will try to have a drink in every bar! I need to make sure to include this one on my list.

thanks again/

I've seen people just go to the bar in some of the steakhouses - not many, but it's available if there's a bar in the steakhouse. There are bars on Conquest and Spirit-class ships, not sure about Dream-class (we didn't go to the steakhouse on Breeze).

We have eaten in the steakhouse on Dream 3 times, they do have a bar with 8-10 stools but we never saw anyone sitting there. The Sunshines steakhouse has a bar just inside the door that is visible from the high traffic walkway, and they always seemed to be busy.

• 5 weeks later...

Just returned from the magic sailing and can confirm that both the steakhouse bar and alchemy bar had Bookers as well as the normal bourbon selections. Didn't venture into scotch this time .