Help Quick with Cloud 9 Balcony room

nsullivan

Which location is the best in your opinion? Near the fitness area or farther away? On the level with the fitness center or on the deck below it?

I am looking to book the Breeze and don't know if level 11 is better or level 12 where the fitness center and sauna are available.

I will NEVER book a room below the fitness are.... it is much louder than you think.. we heard weights dropping all the time... and a constant booming from what I think were treadmills... we always book on the upper floors to avoid the extra noise.

I prefer deck 11 toward mid that way you still have a covered balcony. Deck 12 you usually have an open one but then the halls do smell so nice from the spa :). I loved my spa room on the Breeze and would not hesitate to book again. I have my mom booked in a spa suite on the Vista next March.

On the level below the fitness center, only a few rooms are actually directly below the fitness center. Those would be the 4 OV rooms at the front, and the next couple of balcony & inside rooms on both sides. I would definitely avoid those. But there are plenty of Cloud 9 Spa rooms on deck 11 that are not below the fitness center. I count about 17 balcony/suites & 14 insides on deck 11 that are probably all just fine. Those balcony/suites from 11214/11215 on back all have staterooms above them, so those are definitely fine, and those will be covered balconies, unlike the ones on deck 12.

We had an inside on deck 11, below the reception area, and that was no problem at all. Some of those deck 11 insides are below the locker rooms; not sure if those are okay. And a few insides are below whatever the "fitness studio" is.

What is wrong with the uncovered balconies? Wouldn't you have more sun and air movement?

There will be people on deck 13 , (open public area ) They are right above your head and can look directly down into your balcony

What is wrong with the uncovered balconies? Wouldn't you have more sun and air movement?

Previous poster mentioned that the uncovered balconies means that the public deck above you can look down on part of your balcony. You can see & hear them, they can see & hear you. There may be a few of those on deck 12 where it's not as big of a deal.

Another issue is that many people don't want to be blasted with sun all the time. The shade can make the balcony much more comfortable; not getting as hot. I do enjoy getting some sun, but I prefer to use the loungers up on deck for that. When on a balcony, I prefer it to be cooler, so I like the shade. Some people want sun hitting them at all times, so they would like the uncovered balconies. Others will prefer the shade. It's just personal preference.

We had an uncovered balcony on the spa deck once. Besides people looking down on you, we had very windy weather. It was totally open and you felt like you were getting blown away. If you ever have gone to the front of the ship when it is moving and the wind is really blowing, that was what it was like on that balcony. You could hardly open the door and did not want to spend time out there. That was the case for 3 days of our cruise, so for 3 days we weren't able to enjoy the balcony at all.