Who's going when on what?

chaz cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it official! We paid our deposit and are properly booked:D

got our cabin numbertoo!

We are sailing the Mar 07 cruise on the Star. :)

How many other people got their cabin numbers when booking? We booked in Oct '04 and still haven't got our cabin no.

Karen

we booked two cabins (friends are travelling with us) we have cabin allocated and friends dont. when i queried it, they said they just put anything down as it will change closer to the date. Maybe once you have paid full costing. we asked because we want to be near each other. we are booked on cheapest outside cabin.

have you checked cruise personaliser karmac/

We paid our final payment back in September. I also check the personalizer almost every day. We booked cheapest inside (category Q). Once when I looked on personalizer (ages ago) it gave a cabin no. but every other time it hasn'e had one but it says category M inside which is 2 decks higher than we booked. When I queried this with the TA, she said that we have probably been upgraded &that's why the no. is no longer on there. She also said though that if you do get upgraded you never find out until you go but I've read plenty from people on these boards who knew of upgrade beforehand. Chaz was upgraded on this cruise and found out 2 months ago. I'd love an upgrade to an outside cabin rather than a higher deck.

Karen

How many other people got their cabin numbers when booking? We booked in Oct '04 and still haven't got our cabin no.

Karen

We have had our requested cabin for ages, since at least Sept. Our TA requested that cabin for us knowing we wanted midship.

attn karmac re cruise personalizer

I posted part of this story under the cruise personalizer thread. What I found was I was allocated a cabin no (online about last Sept), then after that it showed errors all the time. So I phone p&o in Dec and was told they are probably allocating groups etc together and then the rest of us. I then found the cabin we were origanally allocated (as per the brochures) is now part of the medical room:confused: (as per online deck plans) and the good news is this week we now have a new cabin no -and- an upgrade to outside:) .

Happy cruisers

• 2 weeks later...
Chook, I'll just about pass you at the wharf, you're the one after me :D

I noticed your cruise number the other day and wondered how soon after you returned will my cruise leave?

This month has gone so fast already won't be long and we'll be on our way.

Helen

I noticed your cruise number the other day and wondered how soon after you returned will my cruise leave?

This month has gone so fast already won't be long and we'll be on our way.

Helen

You leave very soon after we get back, the same day in fact :). Each day gone by is another day closer to sailaway, it's still an agonising wait though :o

Trevor

So Chaz, have you actually booked your Easter 2007 cruise? I noticed it in tour signature.

Karen

Hi Karen,

No not actually booked yet, but definitely planned. We are currently finishing off the invitations to send out to everyone. We are waiting for a quote from P&O on the cabin costs. Surprise surprise P&O are slow to respond!! We intend to book at the end of March.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hi Karen,

No not actually booked yet, but definitely planned. We are currently finishing off the invitations to send out to everyone. We are waiting for a quote from P&O on the cabin costs. Surprise surprise P&O are slow to respond!! We intend to book at the end of March.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I don't think it is P & O this time , it is the travel agent that doesn't seem to understand what I want. All I want is group prices for 2 & 4 berth cabins so I can definitely work out who is coming as no-one will commit until they have a rough price. But they want definite numbers it is a catch-22 situation.:)

But we are definitely going and have a confirmed 30 at the moment!:)

Hi All

We booked our initial cruise in Sept 2005 and were allocated a cabin number immediately. When we upgraded a month later we were again allocated a cabin number.

IS there anyone else going on R632 - Week Fantastique - 30th Sept to 7th Oct??? i'm beginning to think its just going to be me and hubby.

cheers Rach

Archived