Is Rhapsody nice?

When we first started sailing we started with smaller ships and then worked our way up to The Anthem. We researched Anthem and were very excited to sail her. It was not for us. It took away all of the grandeur of sailing.

We are booked for the Rhapsody in April. We chose this ship because we are going with family and want a more calmer cruise with our focus on family.

Research what you want to do on your cruise and chose from there.

When we first started sailing we started with smaller ships and then worked our way up to The Anthem. We researched Anthem and were very excited to sail her. It was not for us. It took away all of the grandeur of sailing.

We are booked for the Rhapsody in April. We chose this ship because we are going with family and want a more calmer cruise with our focus on family.

Research what you want to do on your cruise and chose from there.

Which April cruise is yours? We are going on April 1.

I am starting to get so excited for our first cruise! We will be sailing Rhapsody in Dec. for our first anniversary/honeymoon/vow renewal! I'm curious about some sort of odd things!

What types of shows are there on the cruise currently? according to my cruise planner, i'm too far out to reserve these sorts of things!

Also, we were given a $75 dining credit, where would you use it?

What sort of soda do they have? My husband only likes Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb. I'm thinking about the drink package that has everything that is non-alcoholic.

What do you all do for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? We have 8pm dinner reservations since i couldn't get the earlier time, but not really sure what to do for those earlier meals!

Thanks so much :)

• 2 weeks later...
Ship.... I have experienced some poor cabins, poor service, but NEVER been on a BAD SHIP. Since we are D+ I guess I say that with confidence. Having said that, I do not look for the little things like wear in carpet or paint pealing, stuff like that happens.

I don't think the issue is that "it happens" such as RUST on the hull, etc. The issue is that it is being allowed to continue.

Edited by Bootman4U

I am starting to get so excited for our first cruise! We will be sailing Rhapsody in Dec. for our first anniversary/honeymoon/vow renewal! I'm curious about some sort of odd things!

What types of shows are there on the cruise currently? according to my cruise planner, i'm too far out to reserve these sorts of things!

Also, we were given a $75 dining credit, where would you use it?

What sort of soda do they have? My husband only likes Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb. I'm thinking about the drink package that has everything that is non-alcoholic.

What do you all do for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? We have 8pm dinner reservations since i couldn't get the earlier time, but not really sure what to do for those earlier meals!

Thanks so much :)

We haven't been on Rhapsody yet. Our cruise is in April. However, we were on Navigator so I can answer some of your questions.

We did not have to reserve seats for any shows. I think that might be the case on larger ships, but I'm not sure. In my limited cruise experience (3 so far), you just go a little ahead of time to get seats. There are usually some variety shows-music, dancing. Also there might be a magician/juggler or something like that. Usually one lounge will have comedians. Others will have a small band or piano bar. Two cool shows on our cruise were the Love and Marriage Show and The Quest. Those are audience participation and were loads of fun--also a bit raunchy, fyi.

We liked Giovanni's Table best of the specialty restaurants, but the steak house was good too.

Coke products were available--Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite. I bought the cola package. It was worth it for me.

Did you consider My Time dining? You can go any time you want between 5:30-8:30 (or something like that--can't remember the exact hours). We made reservations on the nights we are in the dining room, depending on shows and ports. If you do the flex dining and don't make reservations, you might have to wait in line.

I don't eat breakfast, but hubby does. We sleep in, but we got up and went to the buffet by 10:30. It closed at 11. They pretty much had anything you could want and even cooked his eggs to order. I have to admit that I had some bacon most mornings. Couldn't resist it. I believe the dining room also served breakfast most days, but we always went to the buffet (Windjammer).

For lunch, I ate in port to try local foods. On sea days, I either ate in the Windjammer or Johnny Rockets. Rhapsody doesn't have JR though, unless they add it at some point. The buffet had quite a range of foods--salads, deli, hot foods.... I also think you could get hamburgers and hot dogs by the pool. Some of the specialty restaurants are open for lunch on some ships so you could look into that too.

Another option is room service for any meal.

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to hear from someone who has been on Rhapsody to see how it's different from Navigator (other than size, of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by PamJack