Celebrity Reflection, October 21, 2016 Transatlantic Rome to Miami

fozzybear1980

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone else would start a thread for this transatlantic cruise on the Reflection. This is my first transatlantic, and I'm really looking forward to it. I noticed on another gay forum-like website, there are a number of LGBT couples joining us, but I thought I would start a thread on here as well. I hope we'll get some good conversations going.

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone else would start a thread for this transatlantic cruise on the Reflection. This is my first transatlantic, and I'm really looking forward to it. I noticed on another gay forum-like website, there are a number of LGBT couples joining us, but I thought I would start a thread on here as well. I hope we'll get some good conversations going.

Cheers!

Hi there

I am on the reflection for the previous cruise before the transatlantic. I am hoping to get a good deal to do a back to back. As I'm a solo it's a bit more expensive. I am hoping to join you on the one. Looking forward to celebrity :)

Hi there

I am on the reflection for the previous cruise before the transatlantic. I am hoping to get a good deal to do a back to back. As I'm a solo it's a bit more expensive. I am hoping to join you on the one. Looking forward to celebrity :)

Well, it seems like there are good deals to be had, but space is becoming limited. The transatlantic cruises seem to be exceptional value, the only thing is you don't get any perks like the 1, 2, 3, GO promotion. I noticed on this other LGBT roll-call type website (can't mention it here but you could google), there are some others looking for other single travellers to share a room, if that's something you'd be interested in doing. Good luck!

Well there is plenty of time. I am doing a transatlantic at the end of the year from Europe t-o the states but I will wait and see what is the cheapest. If I don't do this one I will go for an NCL or something. I would like to do reflection as I am already on her but at the moment the prices are very high. We still have time for some specials to entice me. I'm too fussy to share a cabin, unless he is super rich and super generous, lol.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My husband and I will be on this TA too. Perhaps we can join up once on board. Pre-departure we are spending time in Rome - Tuesday thru Friday Noon - then off to the port. We've done a number of TA's since we started cruising in 2001. We've found the days at sea very relaxing.

I'm Rob - my husband is Bill.

Hi,

My husband and I will be on this TA too. Perhaps we can join up once on board. Pre-departure we are spending time in Rome - Tuesday thru Friday Noon - then off to the port. We've done a number of TA's since we started cruising in 2001. We've found the days at sea very relaxing.

I'm Rob - my husband is Bill.

Hey guys! Great to meet you. We're also doing a few days in Rome before the cruise. We've never been. We're arriving on Tuesday morning. Where are you staying in Rome? Might even be worth a meet up beforehand! We're being joined by another couple on this cruise from the UK (straight) but they're good fun! Looking forward to seeing you!

• 2 weeks later...

There is another Roll Call for this cruise titled "Reflection 21 October 2016 Western Europe Transatlantic" It was started on November 11, 2014 and has some 3053 posts.

Also there is one for the prior Western Med cruise as a lot of folks are doing a B2B.

Check them out.

• 1 month later...

This is my third TA with Celebrity. Am part of the Pied Piper group. I'm from NY, and my buddy Brian is also along from DC. I think I'm in 1676 and not sure what cabin Brian is. Love the Alcoves on Silhouette and Reflection, this trip can't come soon enough

This is my third TA with Celebrity. Am part of the Pied Piper group. I'm from NY, and my buddy Brian is also along from DC. I think I'm in 1676 and not sure what cabin Brian is. Love the Alcoves on Silhouette and Reflection, this trip can't come soon enough

Glad to see at least one more posting on this board. I'm with Pied Piper as well. Have you received your final invoice yet?

• 3 weeks later...
My fiancé, his mom and I will be in this one as well. It will be my fiancé and I's first transatlantic cruise. I'm so excited. We also calling this a pre-wedding cruise as we're getting married on our Royal Caribbean Cruise in December.

Congrats on the cruise and especially upcoming nuptials!!:D

Hiya... Randy here ... I'll be on board... I'm back to back, originating on the Reflection's Eastern Med cruise on 10/10 also out of Rome and staying onboard for the T/A. Will be in 2160 with my friend Mike for the Eastern Med, then in 1696 solo for the TA. At 6'6" , I'm hard to miss...lol

I do this TA every year and it usually has a very fun LGBT contingent, I trust this year will be no exception.

Look forward to seeing everyone onboard!!

Randy

:D

Hiya! We're almost neighbors...I'll be in 1696 (center aft over looking the wake) just down the hall from you! I do the Reflection's westbound TA every year and it's always lots of fun!

Look forward to seeing you onboard!

Randy :D

Edited by AndersonIslander

Hiya! We're almost neighbors...I'll be in 1696 (center aft over looking the wake) just down the hall from you! I do the Reflection's westbound TA every year and it's always lots of fun!

Look forward to seeing you onboard!

Randy :D

I look forward to saying hello in person SOON Randy

I look forward to saying hello in person SOON Randy

Hey Johnny and all...since I said I was in cabin 1696, I thought I should post that I have changed my cabin assignment. I'm back to back from the Eastern Med Reflection cruise immediately prior to the Transatlantic, and the Sky Suite (2160) that I am in for the Eastern Med became available for the Transatlantic, so I bit the bullet and bought the Sky Suite upgrade and thus won't have to move. Yaaay.

Johnny, if you would like to move to 1696, it's available and a great C1 cabin and I don't think it would cost you much, if anything, to move (I think prices decreased a bit, so there may be no charge to move)...the cabins over the wake are always really great for the view and usually have significantly bigger verandahs.

Looking forward to seeing you all onboard!!

Randy :)

Hey Johnny and all...since I said I was in cabin 1696, I thought I should post that I have changed my cabin assignment. I'm back to back from the Eastern Med Reflection cruise immediately prior to the Transatlantic, and the Sky Suite (2160) that I am in for the Eastern Med became available for the Transatlantic, so I bit the bullet and bought the Sky Suite upgrade and thus won't have to move. Yaaay.

Johnny, if you would like to move to 1696, it's available and a great C1 cabin and I don't think it would cost you much, if anything, to move (I think prices decreased a bit, so there may be no charge to move)...the cabins over the wake are always really great for the view and usually have significantly bigger verandahs.

Looking forward to seeing you all onboard!!

Randy :)

Hi Randy,

Thanks, I saw that there were a few sky suites still available, and was going to look at upgrading myself. I called Bruce at PP though and he said that it would have been about $2K additional, so decided against it.

I am happy though that I was able to get a friend at the Celebrity Miami office to make sure I'm on the top of the list of reserving an alcove while onboard (for at least a few days). I absolutely loved those on Silhouette, and know I'll love them even more on Reflection. Such a great place to read, listen to music and relax and no worries about someone taking your seat.

I can feel the bliss already.

John

• 2 weeks later...