Koningsdam Quench Beverage package

silly44

Priscilla, thank you for this info!

Did the Coca Cola package allow you to get sodas at all the other bars and in all dining venues?

The cup with the freestyle machine only allows you to get drinks from the machines on the lido deck, not from any bars or the dinning room. This is why I found it a little inconvenient but still worth it.

Was it hard to get the cup? Why? How did you get the cup? Thanks in advance for your advise.

It wasn't hard to get the cup. I would have liked the quench beverage package but both people in your cabin must get it and my DH wouldn't use it. You can buy it on board the first day.

The design of the cup could be improved. There is a lip at the top and a sliding lid. When you close the lid there is usually a small amount of your drink on the lip and if the cup is tipped it will drip on you. You have to see it to understand but it's not a big problem.

I see the reasons why HAL is trying to force people travelling together in one cabin to purchase the same beverage package because they are afraid of people sharing. On the other hand I think it is unfair to those where only one in a cabin is interested - my husband, for example, very rarely drinks soda due to a medical condition and is not interested in any kind of sparkling or still water and fully content with regular coffees and the teas offered for free. I, on the other hand, would buy the Quench package because I love mocktails, the occasional soda and simply need several cappucinos per day. :rolleyes:

And NO, I definitely wouldn't share but we'd be quite prepared to buy the single espresso my husband might have after dinner!

We haven't cruised Celebrity for a year but it was possible to buy different beverage packages as well as only one person in the cabin buying it.

I really do think Holland America should allow this as well especially if the one not buying is prepared to prove the fact that medical reasons prohibit them to use it, anyway.

Edited by grayjay
typo

Coca Cola Freestyle package - i wonder what more than 120 different drinks means... Is it like virgin cocktails?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Coca Cola Freestyle is a large machine from Coca Cola that allows people to customize any Coke drink with their own flavor choices on a touch screen.

You can even get their app and create your own coke drinks and send them to the machine from your phone.

Many fast food restaurants have the Freestyle machines now.