Christmas Day

iamajulie

Hi everyone

Just wondering what NCL does on Christmas Day specifically on the Getaway.

It's actually a sea day and I am just wondering if there is usually anything special or recommend what restaurants to book to celebrate with our 2 teenage girls?

Julie

The ship will be decorated with gingerbread houses and a few Christmas trees. On Christmas day, the MDR will offer turkey with all the trimmings. Other than that... you're on a Caribbean cruise? You will have to actually concentrate to remember that it is Christmas day. I lost track of days, honestly. I thought it would be a much bigger deal, but basically, I was on a week's vacation with my family, I ate, I drank, I had fun, I didn't know what day it was. We didn't exchange gifts either - the cruise was the gift and my kids were late teen/early 20's. You will have so much fun. One thing to note, the MDR was SUPER quiet, because I think everyone wanted to book something "special" so we found it very quiet with great service - I think we went to Savour.

Have fun!

Christmas will be wonderful.

There will be Santa Claus for the kids, Christmas Carol singing led by the Hotel Director Errol Bailey and the lighting of the Atrium Christmas tree.

I has so much fun last Christmas, the lest for me in many years that I could wait to go back. I am so looking forward to being back on The Getaway for Christmas. This time it will be a Sea Day rather than a Port Day, so I am sure there will be lots of things planned all day.