Anyone else honeymoon on Adventure of the Seas?

EggDropErin

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the cruise last night. Our original honeymoon hotel got destroyed by Wilma... We will be getting married on the 19th of November and will be on the ship on the 20th. Very excited about it but would also like advise. I have no idea what to expect. We both tavel often but have always stayed away from cruises... don't really know why- fear of the unknown, I guess.

Rest assured!!! We chose this over any land based resort or tour. We love getting wined and dined...and a cruise will give you this with very little effort from either one of you. You get your entertainment, food....different cities to tour (with only unpacking/packing ONCE). I've been on other Voyager class ships...this ship is huge and is packed with things to do. We've never been on the Adventure...and very excited to try some different ports...should be wonderful.

Another thing that I recommend...is read the boards on here. Educate yourself before you cruise. My first cruise was like a "trial and error"...didn't know anything and I felt that I missed on a lot of stuff. Just read read read. And when you get on the ship...read the compass front to back...Make sure you check out the packing lists...it'll help prepare you on what to bring. Just do a search on here for "packing lists". Here..I think I have one on my favorites. http://www.vsn.org/cruise/ This site has a lot of good info on it. Good luck!! Congrats!! and have FUN!!!!!

T~

We cruised on the Explorer of the Seas for our honeymoon, another Voyager class ship. The things we were sooooo glad we did were:

1. Prepurchased (through the RCCL website) robes for our room.

2. Booked a balcony room so we could have coffee on our balcony every morning.

3. Booked some adventurous excursions (cave tubing in Belize).

4. Booked a couples massage (this was GREAT!).

One thing I wish we would have done is had more pictures taken, when it's just the two of you you don't tend to get many pictures. We did buy the video from one of our excursions which we love.

You'll have a wonderful time! We really had no complaints, but we're pretty easy to please. :)

HEY!!!!! We're gonna honeymoon a month after you. Had to stop in and say HI and congrats! I think this will be the best honeymoon...perfect trip! When are you two getting married?

Traci :)

We're getting married April 8, 2006. :) Yourself?

Hi Erin!!

We're getting married May 12th...then flying out that same night to SJU. We are having a very small wedding on the beach with only close family and friends. We actually just booked the cruise this weekend...we're very excited...our first time in the southern caribbean. Have you cruised before? I didn't get a look at your sig...

Since you're getting married the day before...do you have everything planned? Do you have your dress yet? If so...what does it look like? And...are you getting married on the beach??

Talk to you soon!!

T~

Hi Erin!!

We're getting married May 12th...then flying out that same night to SJU. We are having a very small wedding on the beach with only close family and friends. We actually just booked the cruise this weekend...we're very excited...our first time in the southern caribbean. Have you cruised before? I didn't get a look at your sig...

Since you're getting married the day before...do you have everything planned? Do you have your dress yet? If so...what does it look like? And...are you getting married on the beach??

Talk to you soon!!

T~

We just put down the deposit on the reception hall about 2 hours ago. LOL I have the church booked, the dresses bought...I think I've made a lot of progress. DH2B might disagree. LOL Not getting married on the beach...we're getting married in an average midwestern church. I wanted to elope, but well, that's just not going to happen.

I have cruised on time previously on the Carnival Inspiration. It was fair. I am very much looking forward to my first cruise on RCI, as DH2B has been on a few already and raves about them. I'm educating myself with just about every Caribbean book. Got a great one that just came out from Lonely Planet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are getting married 1/14/06, and honeymooning on AOS 1/29/06. It is my fiance's second cruise and my first. We have booked an E1 aft balcony, I am so excited to start our life together. I am sure we will have wonderful memories from our cruise.

Best Wishes to all of my fellow 2006 AOS honeymooners!

-the Future Mrs. Swashbuckler Ron

We are getting married 1/14/06, and honeymooning on AOS 1/29/06. It is my fiance's second cruise and my first. We have booked an E1 aft balcony, I am so excited to start our life together. I am sure we will have wonderful memories from our cruise.

Best Wishes to all of my fellow 2006 AOS honeymooners!

-the Future Mrs. Swashbuckler Ron

Let us know how it goes.

Archived