Liberty problems

And you have the proof? This is a bi monthly at least problem at CCL.

I can tell you that no ship anywhere in the world is allowed to sail without an approved planned maintenance system, as I've said audited by third party.

What problem, exactly, are you saying is a bi-monthly problem?

The yellow Cats more reliable than anything CCL has. I have noticed many have been painted to hide them.

Really? In my 40 years as a ship's engineer, I've found that CAT's are a repair technician's dream, always requiring service calls, as well as more fuel cost for marine diesel and fuel filters, while the MAN and Wartsila medium speed engines run longer with less maintenance, and lower fuel cost and fuel treatment costs. That's the reason that the MAN and Wartsila engines have a far larger resume of marine power than CAT does.

Really? In my 40 years as a ship's engineer, I've found that CAT's are a repair technician's dream, always requiring service calls, as well as more fuel cost for marine diesel and fuel filters, while the MAN and Wartsila medium speed engines run longer with less maintenance, and lower fuel cost and fuel treatment costs. That's the reason that the MAN and Wartsila engines have a far larger resume of marine power than CAT does.

Not many Cats have caught on fire.

I have witnessed a few of them pretty cats catch fire it is usually due to a cracked fuel line spraying on to a hot turbo or exhaust manifold. As for maintaining equipment that runs 24-7 crap happens! I spent over 22 years in the Coast Guard and 12 at see on ships and the rest in small boats . Stuff happens that's why emergency drills are held regularly plus Coast Guard inspections

Not many Cats have caught on fire.

I have witnessed a few of them pretty cats catch fire it is usually due to a cracked fuel line spraying on to a hot turbo or exhaust manifold. As for maintaining equipment that runs 24-7 crap happens! I spent over 22 years in the Coast Guard and 12 at see on ships and the rest in small boats . Stuff happens that's why emergency drills are held regularly plus Coast Guard inspections

Bingo. CAT fires are common enough that fuel pipe replacement is a scheduled maintenance item. Tugs, pushboats, and offshore platforms are the most common sites.

It appears Carnival likes to DUMP their old ships in Galveston, Celebration, Elation, Triumph, and now the Liberty. Each having some of the same issues. It's time to update and modernize because no one will want to get on a ship that has the potention to be another Triumph Disaster.

REALLY?!?!?!?! Because the Breeze is headed there and that certainly is not an "old" ship.......

REALLY?!?!?!?! Because the Breeze is headed there and that certainly is not an "old" ship.......

For some reason I do not understand, Galveston thinks they should always have the best/newest ship in the fleet. I recall people here that prior to the announcement of where the ship would home port that pretty much guaranteed that the Vista was going to Galveston.

They should be happy Galveston has more than one ship and that different Carnival ships have rotated there. Or maybe they prefer to be like Baltimore, one Carnival ship, the same ship, and the same 3-4 itineraries for the past several years now.

It appears Carnival likes to DUMP their old ships in Galveston, Celebration, Elation, Triumph, and now the Liberty. Each having some of the same issues. It's time to update and modernize because no one will want to get on a ship that has the potention to be another Triumph Disaster.

Dont' forget Ecstasy. Didn't they have a fire in the laundry room?

A little preventative maintenance would prevent this from happening. The costs would cut into CEO bonus though. Guess slow is better than a fire.
These ships have mechanics on board 24/7. I'm sure that they maintenance what can be maintained as needed, without having to shut the entire ship down. Very likely they have a part waiting for them in Glaveston. It's impossible to carry every conceivable part, aside from the ones they need on a regular basis.

Please stop the hijacking/argument! Those of us booked on Liberty cruises would like to hear about further information regarding the OP's original thread: problems with ship speed and how future cruises might be/are/being impacted. Any new emails or updates....please?

Sailing in 3 days and I haven't heard anything from them. I am not worried about it at all

Smart way to think! Let the others fret about something that is probably no longer an issue. :)

The thread was started May 1, which was sunday saying it would be late to Galveston tomorrow which was May 2, Monday. Obviously it arrived Galveston on Monday and since no one said any different, they must have gotten underway for the Carribean, and will return on Saturday.

Just saying.

From facebook

On the liberty now, couldn't/ didn't dock in cozamel?

That's the only reason to take this cruise! Now, NO BEACH !

This cruise was a wast of time and money. I now do not trust carnival,

Extremely disorganized, changed itinerary X 4 during this 5 day excuse for a fun vacation.

And yet to hear an official announcement.

NOT IMPRESSED

Won't be using your service again!

We board Saturday...not looking good.

There are also a few posts on Healds FB page.

Edited by Silver63

Source? I haven't seen this anywhere yet.

The source are people on board. They skipped Cozumel and heading back to Galveston. They get a sea day instead of port. The thruster went out. It is on the Liberty Facebook Page and Galveston Cruisers Facebook page.

Pretty sure they are working on the issue right now and will have it fixed right this time before it heads out again for the next schedule. I feel bad for the ones on it right now though. That is tough. I can understand why people are angry. It can, and does, happen with every cruise line. Heck, it happens with every mode of transportation. Very unfortunate for sure.

Thrusters blew out in Progresso.

Edited by BrotherCraig

The source are people on board. They skipped Cozumel and heading back to Galveston. They get a sea day instead of port. The thruster went out. It is on the Liberty Facebook Page and Galveston Cruisers Facebook page.

One thruster? She has 6. Haven't been to Cozumel, but port looks pretty open and not much maneuvering needed. Hmm.

Sailing in 3 days and I haven't heard anything from them. I am not worried about it at all

It is probably time for you to worry!

We are four weeks out and I am concerned as well. Appreciate any updates that fellow CC-ers can share. Is there any official status report or update from Carnival? And those poor folks on board who just saw their beach day go "pffffft"....any compensation offers? I know the port charges would be refunded but that's small comfort to those (like me) who love a day in Cozumel.