Magic Cabin 7277

harry0

I am looking to book this cabin as opposed to 2 ocean connecting balconies for My wife and I and 2 grandkids(7 and11)

I am a loyal Royal cruiser and moving to Carnival to join the rest of my family.

Is thier any perks that go with a Ocean Suite?

Any info would help-we are sailing on the 12/3/16 sailing.

Thanks in advance.

The suite perks with Carnival are quite minimal: priority embarkation/debarkation. One thing you should know about Magic, and it's only true of this and 3 other Carnival ships: there is a lanai (public walkway) on deck 5 that sticks out from the ship, and it circles the entire ship. So in other words, every balcony above deck 5 will see this deck when they look down. Some spots stick out further than others, and some of those spots have a raised hot tub there. 7277 is above the edge of one of these spots that sticks out even further, but that one does not have a hot tub. Still, it will take away a larger portion of your ocean view, and people on that lanai can somewhat see onto the balcony. It's much worse for deck 6 balconies. This doesn't matter to some people, mostly for people who enjoy people-watching the people on the lanai, or people who mostly just want to look out & up as opposed to looking down. But some people have been extremely disappointed to go out onto their balcony & look down to see a public deck, so I thought I should tell you in case you didn't already know. If you were to go with one of the furthest forward suites, those would be over a much skinnier part of the lanai, which will take away only a tiny bit of your ocean view (straight-down only), & the people tend not to congregate around those skinnier parts of the lanai.

If that sounds like a deal-breaker to you, you could look into getting a cove balcony on deck 2. I actually preferred those to regular balconies, mostly because of how close you are to the water. It was awesome! And they are the only balconies on the ship to have a truly unobstructed view of the ocean when looking down. But if you do go with that, be sure to stay forward of the midship elevators. From the midship elevators to the back elevators, all those rooms are right below the galley/kitchen, which can produce a lot of noise in spots, even throughout the overnight. We were below the midship dining room, which was totally perfect! There are several connecting cove balconies, or you could put the grandkids in an interior across the hall from you.

If you do opt for connecting balconies higher up, then you could again go either further forward, where the lanai is skinnier, or back from the aft elevators, where the lanai again gets skinnier. And the higher you go, the less you would notice the lanai.