Internet Cafe - Nassau?

goodml

Scubagirl, just wondering if there's an internet cafe within walking distance of the port. Hubby and I are leaving the kids at home with Grandma this cruise (I know, it's so sad:D ) and I would like to check in with them. I found one in Key West last year and it was so much cheaper than the ship.

There's one at Prince George Plaza, just a couple blocks from the ship, along the wharf.

CYBER CAFE

High Speed Internet Access, Laptop Access, Phone Cards, Fax, Copy, International Phone Calls.

Prince George Plaza (across Iguana cafe) - Nassau, Bahamas

Phone: 242-322-3206

Fax: 242-327-5087

Email: cybercafe2@coralwave.com

10 CENTS A MINUTE OR $5 PER HOUR.

You'll see signs for the plaza as you walk along the wharf, just before you get to the Strawmarket.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Majesty on Friday.

there was information in our cabin about the ability to make calls from you cell phone from the ship. There was some kind of partnership with Cingular.

Perhaps you could call Royal Caribbean and they tell you whether all ships have this and could explain it further. It may also depend on what cell phone service you have.

I took a chance and phoned my daughter while at sea at 11:30 pm somewhere between Key West and Miami. I have Tmobile and when I checked my bill online there were no roaming or international calls listed yet although it may be delayed.

I'll let you know when it shows up and how much it was.

OOps - just realized I posted this reply on the wrong thread! meant to teply to the calls to home thread - doing too many things at once!

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone travelling to Nassau on a Sunday the Cyber Cafe is not open on Sundays but as giblert said there were several others very close to the port. I can't remember the name of the one we used but we were able to use their phone to call home to Canada for .50 per minute.

Archived