NCL Jewel Mexican Riviera Freestyle Dailies

hbbio016

Hello! We just returned from the NCL Jewel Mexican Riviera Cruise. I couldn't find any Freestyle Dailies posted online before we left, so I thought I would post them now. I also attached the kids club (Splashdown Academy) schedule - our week had so few kids that ages 6-12 were all combined. Feel free to ask questions!

day2.pdf

day2-1.pdf

day3.pdf

day4.pdf

day5.pdf

day6.pdf

day7.pdf

day6-1.pdf

ncl-kids-1.pdf

ncl-kids-2.pdf

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I assume you had a great cruise. Very nice of you to post the dailies.

We've just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Jewel for next year (sooo excited to do the transit!). Several ports on the Mexican Riviera, all new to us (Puerto Chiapas, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas) so if you have any particular tips, I'd love to hear them.

And, an oddball question from my spouse -- do you know if there were any rowing machines in the fitness center?

Thanks and welcome again to CC!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I assume you had a great cruise. Very nice of you to post the dailies.

We've just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Jewel for next year (sooo excited to do the transit!). Several ports on the Mexican Riviera, all new to us (Puerto Chiapas, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas) so if you have any particular tips, I'd love to hear them.

And, an oddball question from my spouse -- do you know if there were any rowing machines in the fitness center?

Thanks and welcome again to CC!

I'm the hubby. Yes, two concept 2's, the one further from the wall had a better 'feel' to it, but both worked ok. The aerobics room had trx hookups on the ceiling. They had no problem letting me attach my own trx to them (although they were frequently using that room for talks on foot massages, losing weight, etc.).

I noticed fairly well into the cruise that although their official 'track' is on level 12 or 13, and is less than 1/5 mile, the exterior of deck 7 lets you go all the way around the ship (when ship is at sea). It gets pretty skinny near the ends of the ship, but with some caution, a person could get a good jog done out there.

Our room was a 2 person room retrofitted to hold 4 people (10553). Kind of cramped for 4, but it worked ok, and we spend little time hanging out in the room (and it was a great price). It was great being pretty close to 12, where the food/pools were.

We had a great time, the specialty restaurants were great (particularly liked Teppanyaki and Moderno), the MDR food was similar to Disney MDR food (sort of hit or miss, but overall fine), and the buffet food was actually excellent. Loved the Indian curries, the Mexican chicken lasagna (ultimate comfort food), the 'esspresso-ish' machine (the one with the beans on top).

Yes, there were 2 Concept2 Rowers in the gym. Made my husband very happy.

I'm the hubby. Yes, two concept 2's, the one further from the wall had a better 'feel' to it, but both worked ok. The aerobics room had trx hookups on the ceiling. They had no problem letting me attach my own trx to them (although they were frequently using that room for talks on foot massages, losing weight, etc.).

I noticed fairly well into the cruise that although their official 'track' is on level 12 or 13, and is less than 1/5 mile, the exterior of deck 7 lets you go all the way around the ship (when ship is at sea). It gets pretty skinny near the ends of the ship, but with some caution, a person could get a good jog done out there.

We had a great time, the specialty restaurants were great (particularly liked Teppanyaki and Moderno), the MDR food was similar to Disney MDR food (sort of hit or miss, but overall fine), and the buffet food was actually excellent. Loved the Indian curries, the Mexican chicken lasagna (ultimate comfort food), the 'esspresso-ish' machine (the one with the beans on top).

Great news about the Concept 2s; thanks so much for letting me know, my spouse is delighted!

I too love the promenade deck on the Jewel class ships; it's a shame most new builds don't have them.

And thanks for the dining tips. We really enjoyed Teppanyaki on the Gem, will definitely be going on the Jewel.

Thanks again, and welcome back.