BALCONY! What do I need to know? Thankyou Upgrade Fairy!

So I just got the call! I don't know how or why - but the uggrade fairy just offered us $298 to upgrade from an interior to a balcony - and I took it! Not going to tell the spouse till we get to the terminal........

What do I need to know? Take? I've taken nightlights for our interior cabin, and now I'm on a balcony! What do I need to know, Carnival gurus?

DH and I ate out there for breakfast every morning, except for sea day brunch. There was smoking from others but it was not bad enough to run me back in my room. We enjoyed sitting out there while leaving port.

You will enjoy it!!!!!!:D

Didn't I read somewhere on here that it's a good idea to take a bungee cord for balcony doors?

Yes if you would like to keep the door open....but that will lower the efficiency of the cooling system in your room and if someone opens the door to the cabin while the balcony door is open it creates a wicked draft. Have a great time. Once you have a balcony you'll be hooked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

1. The doors are heavy. Please use your own strength to close them or they will slam very hard. This is very disruptive to your neighbors.

2. Do not take a bungee cord. Propping your door open will affect the AC of the rooms around you due to the way the vents are constructed.

3. Go out early in the morning when it is quiet and just look at the water!

4. Go out late at night and enjoy the stars!

You should know that balcony rumpy pumpy is something everyone should experience once and communications should be kept at a lower decibel to avoid your neighbor looking around the divider and watching.

Enjoy responsibly. :)

So I just got the call! I don't know how or why - but the uggrade fairy just offered us $298 to upgrade from an interior to a balcony - and I took it! Not going to tell the spouse till we get to the terminal........

What do I need to know? Take? I've taken nightlights for our interior cabin, and now I'm on a balcony! What do I need to know, Carnival gurus?

We only book balcony cabins. They are wonderful!

1) As another mentioned, please hold your balcony door while closing it. The constant slamming sounds are annoying.

2) Don't open the cabin door while the balcony door is open. You'll create quite the wind tunnel in your cabin.

3) Get breakfast from Lido to enjoy on your balcony. Get lunch to enjoy on your balcony. Get chocolate chip cookies to enjoy on your balcony.

4) Voices carry, so remember to talk quietly when sitting out there. Also please be considerate and don't play music (iPod, speaker, etc.) on the balcony.

5) Be wary that people who are sitting on their balconies on either side of you wiill be able to see your reflections in the glass and vice versa...:eek:

6) Sleep with the curtains open on sea days. :D

7) Sleep with the curtains closed on port days. ;)

8) Make sure the balcony light are off at night so others can enjoy the dark of theirs.

9) My favorite thing to do is to stand at the railing, my chin resting on my hands, staring down at the water. I can stay like that for an hour.

Enjoy!

:eek::eek:LOL - Now, there's some advice I wasn't expecting!

You should know that balcony rumpy pumpy is something everyone should experience once and communications should be kept at a lower decibel to avoid your neighbor looking around the divider and watching.

Enjoy responsibly. :)

You will love a balcony. Remember what OP told you about resting her elbows on the railing and holding her face in her hands looking down at the water. That is great and wait until you see fish jumping out of the water. Some of them look like they are three feet long and 1 foot around. Also look at night for the lights coming toward your ship. When they get close enough you will see they are seagulls. I think they live on the ship and at night they look for food in the ocean. You will love the views HAPPY SAILING!!!

DH and I ate out there for breakfast every morning, except for sea day brunch. There was smoking from others but it was not bad enough to run me back in my room. We enjoyed sitting out there while leaving port.

You will enjoy it!!!!!!:D

Is smoking still permitted on balconies?:confused:

No. Smoking on the balconies is not allowed. Take some binoculars and enjoy watching the flying fish. I take a small squeegee because I like my balcony glass clean and free of sea salt. Take a battery powered candle for the balcony at night. Take your 2 bottles of wine- that is a special treat on the balcony. BTW- It was the upsell fairy not the upgrade fairy. The upgrade fairy is free and the upsell fairy is not. :D Have fun!!

We only book balcony cabins. They are wonderful!

1) As another mentioned, please hold your balcony door while closing it. The constant slamming sounds are annoying.

2) Don't open the cabin door while the balcony door is open. You'll create quite the wind tunnel in your cabin.

3) Get breakfast from Lido to enjoy on your balcony. Get lunch to enjoy on your balcony. Get chocolate chip cookies to enjoy on your balcony.

4) Voices carry, so remember to talk quietly when sitting out there. Also please be considerate and don't play music (iPod, speaker, etc.) on the balcony.

5) Be wary that people who are sitting on their balconies on either side of you wiill be able to see your reflections in the glass and vice versa...:eek:

6) Sleep with the curtains open on sea days. :D

7) Sleep with the curtains closed on port days. ;)

8) Make sure the balcony light are off at night so others can enjoy the dark of theirs.

9) My favorite thing to do is to stand at the railing, my chin resting on my hands, staring down at the water. I can stay like that for an hour.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much!

You will love a balcony. Remember what OP told you about resting her elbows on the railing and holding her face in her hands looking down at the water. That is great and wait until you see fish jumping out of the water. Some of them look like they are three feet long and 1 foot around. Also look at night for the lights coming toward your ship. When they get close enough you will see they are seagulls. I think they live on the ship and at night they look for food in the ocean. You will love the views HAPPY SAILING!!!

I cannot wait! The anticipation is killing me!

Definitely take binoculars. I enjoy looking at the islands as approaching them. Also, I enjoy finding other cruise ships passing in the night....they're so beautifully lit up.
Great idea, hadn't thought of that, thanks for the tip!

No. Smoking on the balconies is not allowed. Take some binoculars and enjoy watching the flying fish. I take a small squeegee because I like my balcony glass clean and free of sea salt. Take a battery powered candle for the balcony at night. Take your 2 bottles of wine- that is a special treat on the balcony. BTW- It was the upsell fairy not the upgrade fairy. The upgrade fairy is free and the upsell fairy is not. :D Have fun!!

You're right, it was an upsell! I thought it was a great deal though, and I've been reading on here for a very long time about the silly upsells you get that amount to a brand new ticket, so I weighed it very carefully before agreeing. But to be honest, we would likely never pay for a balcony, even though we'd love one, so we love this fairy even though she came with a pricetag rather than with a gift!

The wife and I are early birds. We order FREE room service coffee and fruit and pastries and enjoy the sunrise on the balcony. Since we have port side we should see sunrise 4 mornings in a row. Then for the ret of the cruise, sea days, in the evening we enjoy a glass of wine as the sun sinks in the sky before dinner. We have YTD and usually go late.

I have ordered a cheese plate to go from the MDR at dessert and taken it back to my balcony to nibble on with a glass of wine.

Order room service breakfast the night before, using your door hanger card and enjoy coffee and pastries on your balcony in the morning.

I've even done a yoga workout on my balcony!

Enjoy your balcony and have a great cruise!

We enjoyed our balcony but it hasnt been worth it to me to upgrade from Oceanview. I may try it again if the price is right because there are good things about the privacy. For now, I just enjoy the solitude by going off the 3rd floor deck under the lifeboats - that is a little slice of heaven.

Also, i love the track- in the evenings during sunset and also early morning are great times to be outside at sea.

Sounds like fun! Enjoy.