Celebrity's Goldrush Sled Dogs & White Pass Train Adventure (sk85)

mom02

Has anyone here gone on this excursion through Celebrity? I'd like to find out more details like is it both train and bus/motor coach? Is there a car seat requirement? The excursion departs at 11:40am, is there lunch included? If not, what do people do about lunch? Can we purchase a dog card ride at the camp?

I'm having a hard time getting more information on this excursion from the Celebrity agents. They just read what's on the website, which is not helpful! CC members have been SO much more helpful in providing REAL information to us newbie cruisers! TIA!

(posting on Celebrity board too...)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry you didn't see more replies here to your post. We are scheduled for this excursion on our upcoming cruise next week and I was wondering if you ended up taking the excursion and how you liked it? First time cruisers ourselves!

As per X's website on this tour, three (3) rated it Five Stars, 4 1/2 stars out of five, from over 225 raters.

Did not check other possible websites.

bon voyage

Has anyone here gone on this excursion through Celebrity? I'd like to find out more details like is it both train and bus/motor coach? Is there a car seat requirement? The excursion departs at 11:40am, is there lunch included? If not, what do people do about lunch? Can we purchase a dog card ride at the camp?

I'm not familiar with Celebrity excursions, but if you post the tour description, it would be easier to figure out where it probably goes and what your options would be. Also, usually the excursion page will list whether a meal is provided.

I'm sorry you didn't see more replies here to your post. We are scheduled for this excursion on our upcoming cruise next week and I was wondering if you ended up taking the excursion and how you liked it? First time cruisers ourselves!

We ended up not booking through Celebrity since they weren't including bits and pieces that we really wanted (like riding on the dog sleds). But we did find out that they have a "shore excursions" department that can provide actual descriptions and answer specific questions about their tours. Their email is Shorex@rccl.com

It takes them a couple of days to reply, but they were able to answer my questions regarding specific excursions. In case you or anyone else searching these threads are interested, here's what they said:

"Goldrush Sled Dogs and White Pass Train Adventure" (SK85)

Duration - Content

0:15 - Meet tour and transfer to train depot via coach

2:00 - Train trip from Skagway up to Fraser, BC

0:15 - Transfer from train to motor coach

1:00 – Motor coach return to Skagway, arriving at Klondike Goldfields

1:05 - Enjoy Dogsled Demonstration

0:15 - Free time to explore area

0:15 - Transfer back to ship

"Yukon Adventure and White Pass Scenic Railway" (SK76)

Duration - Content

0:15 - Transfer via motor coach to the train depot.

2:15 - Depart Skagway on narrow gage railway to the summit in Fraser on the White Pass Railway.

0:15 - Transfer from the train to the motor coach.

0:45 - Narrated motor coach tour to Yukon Sign

0:10 - Picture stop at Yukon Sign

0:30 - Motor coach tour to Yukon Suspension Bridge

1:30 - Visit Yukon Suspension Bridge and enjoy some Bison Chili

1:15 - Return Motor coach trip to Skagway

The "Yukon Adventure and White Pass Scenic Railway" (SK76) excursion includes lunch. Bison Chili will be served along with one non alcoholic drink of your choice. The "Goldrush Sled Dogs and White Pass Train Adventure" (SK85) tour does not include lunch or any meal.

The "Goldrush Sled Dogs and White Pass Train Adventure" (SK85) tour includes a dogsled demonstration. Unfortunately, the ride will not be included. We are still waiting on a response from the tour operator to verify if the sled ride can be purchased independently.

We ended up not booking through Celebrity since they weren't including bits and pieces that we really wanted (like riding on the dog sleds). But we did find out that they have a "shore excursions" department that can provide actual descriptions and answer specific questions about their tours. Their email is Shorex@rccl.com

It takes them a couple of days to reply, but they were able to answer my questions regarding specific excursions. In case you or anyone else searching these threads are interested, here's what they said:

"Goldrush Sled Dogs and White Pass Train Adventure" (SK85)

Duration - Content

0:15 - Meet tour and transfer to train depot via coach

2:00 - Train trip from Skagway up to Fraser, BC

0:15 - Transfer from train to motor coach

1:00 – Motor coach return to Skagway, arriving at Klondike Goldfields

1:05 - Enjoy Dogsled Demonstration

0:15 - Free time to explore area

0:15 - Transfer back to ship

"Yukon Adventure and White Pass Scenic Railway" (SK76)

Duration - Content

0:15 - Transfer via motor coach to the train depot.

2:15 - Depart Skagway on narrow gage railway to the summit in Fraser on the White Pass Railway.

0:15 - Transfer from the train to the motor coach.

0:45 - Narrated motor coach tour to Yukon Sign

0:10 - Picture stop at Yukon Sign

0:30 - Motor coach tour to Yukon Suspension Bridge

1:30 - Visit Yukon Suspension Bridge and enjoy some Bison Chili

1:15 - Return Motor coach trip to Skagway

The "Yukon Adventure and White Pass Scenic Railway" (SK76) excursion includes lunch. Bison Chili will be served along with one non alcoholic drink of your choice. The "Goldrush Sled Dogs and White Pass Train Adventure" (SK85) tour does not include lunch or any meal.

The "Goldrush Sled Dogs and White Pass Train Adventure" (SK85) tour includes a dogsled demonstration. Unfortunately, the ride will not be included. We are still waiting on a response from the tour operator to verify if the sled ride can be purchased independently.

This is great! Thank you for sharing the email address. Looks like they provide a lot more detail/info. I think I will give them a try on a cruisetour we are taking in July.

• 9 months later...

Here is a link I found when researching this excursion: http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/skex83.html

It looks quite similar to the timeline that the shore excursion desk provided, but some of the activities' durations are off.

Has someone actually done this who can provide commentary/feedback? I want to make sure I get my moneys worth on the train, since it's only a one-way trip and its worth adding the dog sledding portion.