Quick word of caution- Breeze Aft Balcony

kelkel2

It's been a few months since our last cruise which was on the Breeze. Our cruise was in January and with the best efforts before the cruise of wanting to do a review, life took over and I never had the chance.

But, there's on thing that sticks out in my mind regarding our vacation that I feel like I should warn others about.

We stayed in 7465, an aft facing balcony. We loved the balcony, the cabin and the easy proximity to what we wanted to be a part of on the ship. It was great how close it was to the aft pool as well.

However, one thing I was not prepared for was the noise from 2 decks down while we were trying to sleep. When I book a balcony, I always make sure I have cabins below and above, so I thought I had picked a good location. However, every evening there was music or some sort of performance, maybe karaoke? Not sure. But we could hear the music clear as day in our cabin, along with the bass of the music. BOOM BOOM BOOM. Now, it didn't last all night so it didn't ruin our vacation, but it's something I felt like I should mention. I remember many times telling my husband, if it's this loud what does it sound like one deck down?

I did a lot of reading on these boards about these cabins before booking, but never saw any reports like this. I felt like it was important information for those to have, especially if they are trying to make a decision.

I was in 6505 2 weeks ago on the Breeze. Right above the Limelight Lounge. Yeah we heard the muffled noise. But surprisingly, it didn't bother us. We were able to sleep through it if we were napping. And at night, we were out and about so we weren't bothered by it.

But if you are in the room and trying to sleep at 7 pm and are a very light sleeper, I could see how this could be an issue.

I did a lot of reading on these boards about these cabins before booking, but never saw any reports like this. I felt like it was important information for those to have, especially if they are trying to make a decision.

I did a very negative review on the Dream years ago, same cabin. The week we went there was a polka band onboard that played in that club almost every night until 2am. Needless to say we complained a lot. The bass was bad enough but what they would do is open up the back doors to the lanai and it was as if we were in the lounge with them.

We went on the Breeze last year and were on Deck 8, no problems that week with noise, just did not like the ship.

I can't imagine the noise on the Vista since it overlooks and outdoor version of that lounge + swimming pool. In any event, we stopped booking Dream class ships. Dream and then the Breeze, never again on either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...