Booking dining package with children using Cruise Planner

Has anyone booked a dining package for your sailing with children under 5 years of age and not had to pay for the children? I tried booking a package for 5 (3 adults and 2 children) and although the children are supposed to dine for free, I am charged full price for them (in my case US$88 x 5). I called the RCL hotline and the customer service officer had to check with her supervisor and came back to say it's a flaw of the system and there is no way around it. I can either book and pay for 5 and try to get a refund onboard, or I could wait until I board before buying the package (is this even possible? The brochure seems to suggest the package has to be bought prior to boarding).:(

I don't know for sure if the ship you are on will allow you to purchase the dining package onboard. However I do know that there's no way to book pre-cruise and have the children either free or charged the child price of $10. You have to pay full price pre-cruise and then get refunds to your onboard account once you are on the ship.

I don't know for sure if the ship you are on will allow you to purchase the dining package onboard. However I do know that there's no way to book pre-cruise and have the children either free or charged the child price of $10. You have to pay full price pre-cruise and then get refunds to your onboard account once you are on the ship.

Perhaps book the adults, and so children online

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thank you Bob! I think that's what we will do. Do you know whether it is a fact that we can change the restaurant we are assigned to on the first night (for example I really do not wish to dine in Izumi and Sabor at all) or does the practice of allowing guests to do so vary from ship to ship?

Perhaps book the adults, and so children online

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I assume you mean book them onboard? :) I would do so except I am not sure I am able to purchase a package onboard or whether it will be sold out thus leaving my girls without a seat. Don't think I am brave enough to chance it!

Thank you Bob! I think that's what we will do. Do you know whether it is a fact that we can change the restaurant we are assigned to on the first night (for example I really do not wish to dine in Izumi and Sabor at all) or does the practice of allowing guests to do so vary from ship to ship?

From what I've read, they will allow you to change as long as there are openings available.