Personal Choice on Sun Princess?

YoungZaphod

How well does PC work on Sun Princess? We've had hit and miss success with it on the bigger ships. We have 2nd seating now, but might switch to avoid being tied to a schedule. Can you get dining room orders in your cabin. Used to, you could.

TIA. Don't panic.

We did PC dining on the Sun way back on 1/28(check out the first few pages of the "Live from the Sun" thread for more info) and it couldn't have gone any better.We found a waiter (Miguel from Mexico) that we really liked and we made a standing reservation @8pm everynight without any problem.They will not let you make one anytime earlier.I believe they left us a reservation card in our box daily.

Worked out perfectly for us and by changing to PC @8pm,we sped-up our dinner time by a 1/2 hour over traditional so we had more time after dinner to do stuff.

If you mean dining room food by room service,I think the answer is no.

Have a great cruise.

CFL

I was on the Sun last October for a 10 day southern caribbean cruise. We chose PC dining and were very satisfied with the service. On a few occassions we dined at a table for two, most nights we just went with the flow and sat at a large table with whoever happened to have shown up at the same time we did. We did not make reservations for dinner any night, just showed up and were almost always seated within 10 minutes or less. I think one night we had to wait 15 minutes for seating.

We are booked again on the 11/18/05 Sun southern caribbean sailing cruise with PC dining.

Bon voyage!

Just remember that if you give up your traditional dining in exchange for PC,you cannot switch back.

I lot of people covet traditional and it is always waitlisted.

I couldn't imagine going back to traditional after our terrific experience,however.

Just wanted you to know so that you can make the right decision.

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. We have had PC before and it seems that we ended up with the tablemates from hell almost every night. One couple got offended with us because we didn't share our wine with them. There had been some problems and changes during the cruise and I think a lot of people were cranky.

We did like the flexibility of PC.

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. We have had PC before and it seems that we ended up with the tablemates from hell almost every night. One couple got offended with us because we didn't share our wine with them. There had been some problems and changes during the cruise and I think a lot of people were cranky.

We did like the flexibility of PC.

Sounds like a standing reservation for a table for 2 then...

Archived