Dining arrangements for a party of 19 on the Breakaway?

Has anyone been successful making dining arrangements for a large group? We did it previously when we cruised on other lines with set dining times.

I was told to send a special request via email requesting a couple of tables next to each other for the complementary dining rooms. It's been weeks and no reply. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The largest size table you can book for the Manhattan Room is for 12. You'd probably be best served by booking two tables (you and another member in your group can coordinate the date and time together) and then calling as soon as you are able to once you're on board so they can arrange it for you. I set up a dinner for 17 when I was in charge of a meet and greet and that's the procedure I followed. They were very accommodating.:)

Thank you for the advice! I was just hoping we could have arranged prior to sailing. I'm fine with 3 tables since the kids want to sit together anyway. So I just have to call the dining room each morning with the time we want to dine?

Last few years we went on cruises with extended family ( total around 16 people). We were booked as a group. Booking as a group got us an extra $50 OBC. It also allowed us to make reservations as a group ahead of time. We had 2 nights where we planned to eat as a group beforehand, our travel agent handled the reservation thought the NCL "group event coordinator" department. We did not have a huge table that held 16, but several tables next to each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 20YearsBetweenCruises

Thanks "20 years". We booked ourselves and linked reservation#. So hopefully they will respond to my email soon. Sailing in July so I have some time. Appreciate the reply!

Hopefully, with a group that big you went through group sales, as there are perks for a large group and I'm sure they could help with reservations.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/group-cruises

Our TA contacted "special events" for our specialty dining on Breakaway at the 90 day timeframe. I waited and waited(and bothered our TA) about the reservations but eventually about 40 days before the cruise someone contacted us about the reservations and was very helpful getting us what we wanted. Note that I did make my own reservations for 2 or 3 tables just in case the "special events" did not ever help us but she did and I cancelled the ones I made. Remember, special events does their own reserving and cannot cancel any you make. Odd but true.

Hopefully, with a group that big you went through group sales, as there are perks for a large group and I'm sure they could help with reservations.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/group-cruises

they likely didn't qualify yet for the group.. as they only count 2 people per cabin as group members.. and you need to have 16 people and 8 cabins booked directly through ncl.

we had over 30 people on the breakaway april 10-17 2016,we did qualify as a group.. and still never had a meal with all of us together.. but we were totally fine eating separate.LOL...we managed at the buffet to sit close one night.. and the people setting up for the make your own pizza in the rear of the ship were actually very kind ( NOT the norm for staff on this ship during this specific sailing)...and allowed us to all pose for group pictures in front of the window.

basically you may find you dont all want seating at the same time in the same place. as different people may be doing different activities.

You may want to poll your group and determine if you want to travel as a pack of 19 for every dinner. Getting that many people to agree on a time for dinner every night will be like herding cats. I would plan maybe one or two group dinners and then let smaller groups form and dine at their leisure.

they likely didn't qualify yet for the group.. as they only count 2 people per cabin as group members.. and you need to have 16 people and 8 cabins booked directly through ncl.

we had over 30 people on the breakaway april 10-17 2016,we did qualify as a group.. and still never had a meal with all of us together.. but we were totally fine eating separate.LOL...we managed at the buffet to sit close one night.. and the people setting up for the make your own pizza in the rear of the ship were actually very kind ( NOT the norm for staff on this ship during this specific sailing)...and allowed us to all pose for group pictures in front of the window.

basically you may find you dont all want seating at the same time in the same place. as different people may be doing different activities.

The page that speaks to groups says that there needs to be 14 people and 7 cabins. Is this correct? Our group meets that criteria, although we have different levels of cabins from ocean view to 2-bedroom suite. Any help would be appreciated. I am not getting any from my TA at NCL.

Cole

We had 6 cabins, 16 people last year. My TA said you just get more perks with more. I believe we could have just had 2 cabins and still would have been a group. We got the base level which was $50 OBC per cabin. But also made group dinning reservations for 2 nights. I recall it taking a few days so we all made individual reservations online just in case( and later called to cancel those).

The page that speaks to groups says that there needs to be 14 people and 7 cabins. Is this correct? Our group meets that criteria, although we have different levels of cabins from ocean view to 2-bedroom suite. Any help would be appreciated. I am not getting any from my TA at NCL.

Cole

we JUST went in april 10-17( everyone on board THAT WE SPOKE TO who cruised before agreed WORST CRUISE EVER ,but was likely do to 1/2 the staff getting off the ship and newbies that needed training getting on) anyhow when we went it was 16 pll and 8 cabins.. it does not matter what cabins as we also had a mix.

We had 6 cabins, 16 people last year. My TA said you just get more perks with more. I believe we could have just had 2 cabins and still would have been a group. We got the base level which was $50 OBC per cabin. But also made group dinning reservations for 2 nights. I recall it taking a few days so we all made individual reservations online just in case( and later called to cancel those).

you mention your travel agent.. must have been a group within the travel agency. NCL will not even include people in your group as part of your group if they booked through a travel agent..( we lost a couple as they had already booked through a travel site instead of directly through ncl..

you mention your travel agent.. must have been a group within the travel agency. NCL will not even include people in your group as part of your group if they booked through a travel agent..( we lost a couple as they had already booked through a travel site instead of directly through ncl..

Are you saying you cannot book as a group unless you book directly with NCL? If so, I don't believe that is true. The TA worked with the group event coordinator for us.. The TA is my cousin working for a small local firm, so was just our 6 cabins as the group.

Are you saying you cannot book as a group unless you book directly with NCL? If so, I don't believe that is true. The TA worked with the group event coordinator for us.. The TA is my cousin working for a small local firm, so was just our 6 cabins as the group.

that is what lacey malone the sup. for group booking on ncl told us... and she also gave me a print out of our group and those who had booked through a site/travel agent were NOT included. this is her words ...copy and pasted from her emails

"Hello,

Do you know if everyone has booked direct with Norwegian Cruise Line? "

and...

"Any reservation that was not booked directly with Norwegian Cruise Line will not be included in the group. Here is how the group perks and amenities work. Norwegian Groups; for every 8 cabins you book, at a minimum, double occupancy per cabin (16 guests)"