Is there any good snorkeling within walking distance from Carnivals Pier

diverdon48371

I have read through many post, but I cannot find the answer to this question. I am trying to find out if there are any good places to snorkel from the beach, that is also within walking distance of the Carnival Pier. We would prefer not to take a cab. If you have any recommendations, if possible please let me know the depth. I would like to find a place that is a little deeper if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Don

Edited by diverdon48371

Not sure how deep you are wanting straight off the coast but to find snorkeling places you will need to walk towards town. You will not find good snorkeling if you have a "sandy" beach but you will find some snorkeling at El Cid and Park Royal hotels (need day pass), Sunset Beach, La Palapita. I cannot testify as to the quality of snorkeling and again I will repeat they are not picturesque "sandy" beaches but they are relatively close and do not require transport. Google these names for photos and further information. longer walk towards town will give you some more options. Another option would be a snorkel boat from the pier.

Short taxi ride south will take you to Chankanaab and Money Bar.

Edited by c-leg5