Cost of Taxi from Southhamptom Airport to cruise port

Hi Everyone

We sail Tuesday from Southhamptom to Iceland. We have to drop our rental car at Southhamptom Airport and take a taxi from there to the cruise terminal which I believe are births 46/47. Is this correct? Any idea how much the taxi cost will be?

Regards Bill and Carole

Are you sure your rental car company doesnt have a location at the cruise port. We have a hertz car and are returning it within walking distance of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did this the other week, cost us £15.00.

FG:)

Hi, FG,

Guessing that was pre-booked with someone like http://www.westquaycars.com ?

The walk-up fare at the airport rank is around £20.

Also guessing this is Avis, whose only Southampton depot is at the airport

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Not all hire companies have offices near the ships, so they may have to use the airport. Be aware there are 4 cruise terminals in Southampton (note spelling!:D). 46/47 is the Ocean terminal. I was going to say its about £20 -£25, but going by frogsgirl's post it could be as low as £15. Just depends on the traffic I expect!

Simon

When we rented from hertz we did realize there was a cruise terminal return. This is what they assigned us when we said Southhampton. Can we easily change it?

Best to check that with Hertz.

Be aware that the Hertz depot at West Quay Road (within a mile of Ocean Cruise Terminal, berth 46) doesn't open on sundays.

Edited by John Bull

There is a drop off near terminal but when you get to airport, walk inside the arrivals and there is a taxi desk to book one, they give you a ticket with a number and an approximate price. Driver will call out your number, approx £12 to £15 dependant on traffic

Thank you for your replies. We regained the use of our phone, called Hertz and are going to turn in the car at the port. It's raining here today so we hope to take a taxi from Hertz to as close to the docks as possible. According to gòogle maps, the distance is a mile. A bit far in possible rain with heavy suitcases.

Regards

Bill and Carole

Thank you for your replies. We regained the use of our phone, called Hertz and are going to turn in the car at the port. It's raining here today so we hope to take a taxi from Hertz to as close to the docks as possible. According to gòogle maps, the distance is a mile. A bit far in possible rain with heavy suitcases.

Regards

Bill and Carole

Yes, just under a mile. Sidewalks, level ground, a pleasant walk, no major roads to cross. (Don't be mis-led by the ship behind the Hertz depot - it's not yours.)

But yes luggage & the weather might persuade you to take a taxi - about £6, little more than the minimum fare. No convenient taxi stand but no doubt Hertz can call one for you.

Regards

Bill and Carole

We also used a taxi from Southampton Hotel (our ship was within sight) but it was raining (common occurrence) :o

From my perspective...I am paying big bucks to fly to UK, hotels, cruise etc. So it is TOTALLY worth it not to have to schlep our luggage.:eek: This is a vacation and the price of a taxi is WAY LESS than 1% of the vacation expenses.:p

Becky