Pacific Star in Dry Dock

Neicy& Ron

:)

This is a posting for all you lucky people that will be soon sailing on the Pacific Star.

The "Costa Tropicale" (It's current name) has today gone into dry dock at Palermo on the island of Sicily.

It has sailed her last voyage for Costa lines.

One is to assume that it has gone to dry dock for a repaint in P&O colors.

The link below is to the web cams on board.

I wonder if P&O will keep both web cameras?

http://webcams.costa.it/ShipInfo.asp?name=Tropicale&channel=2

Regards

Neicy & Ron:D

Cool thanks for that. I just discovered that our cabin number is available on the personaliser already. It has been there for at least a couple of days but I didn't realise because their numbering is by deck number not name and 5083 meant nothing till I looked at the plan. :)

Deck 5 (Caribe Deck), Cabin 83.

We'll be in Cabin 65 on Caribe deck on our cruise in March.

Kym

Cool thanks for that. I just discovered that our cabin number is available on the personaliser already. It has been there for at least a couple of days but I didn't realise because their numbering is by deck number not name and 5083 meant nothing till I looked at the plan. :)

Looks like the webcam has been disabled now.

The views that are on there this morning are the same ones that were there yesterday evening when I looked.

Yesterday afternoon I was watching all the tenders being unloaded and winched out of the dry dock.

This is a posting for all you lucky people that will be soon sailing on the Pacific Star.

The "Costa Tropicale" (It's current name) has today gone into dry dock at Palermo on the island of Sicily.

It has sailed her last voyage for Costa lines.

One is to assume that it has gone to dry dock for a repaint in P&O colors.

The link below is to the web cams on board.

I wonder if P&O will keep both web cameras?

http://webcams.costa.it/ShipInfo.asp?name=Tropicale&channel=2

Regards

Neicy & Ron:D

Now I can really get excited!! I must admit I searched for the string yesterday that had the web cam as I knew the time was coming for the dry dock. Saw that it was in there and called my travelling companions.

Our cabin number has just recently changed again on Cruise Personaliser. We have been moved up one deck to an outside cabin. Trying not to get too excited however, we have only paid for an inside cabin on the bottom deck! If it is correct it will be the first time I will be in an outside cabin!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Yes all the cruise cams are still showing the old photo from yesterday and Costa has removed the ship from there listings.

Oh well, guess we will have to wait for P&O to reactivate it.

I still wonder if they will keep the two cameras.

Neicy And Ron.

Oh I wasn't aware that it was on old webcam shot, and apologies to "Skyrules" as well - I missed the obvious. I need to slow down and not rush through the posts when I am reading them :o

Yes, it would be great if they kept to the two cams.

I will be very interested to get reports from all of you booked on the Star when you return from your cruises. It appears to only have one main restaurant, no cinema, and no real outdoor rage area (for Island Night).

I realise it has a designated buffet area, but that is not the same as two main restaurants.

We are hoping to book a cruise on the Star in maybe September or October 2006.

I noticed that about the restaurant last night too. I was trying to count seats and wondering how everyone will fit. Maybe they are going to offer buffet or a la carte menu.

Our personaliser now says we are sailing at 2pm. It was originally that, then changed to 4pm and now back to 2. However, the general webpage still says 4pm.

Our personaliser now says we are sailing at 2pm.

I don't know if you have left Brisbane on a cruise at 2.00pm before, but I thought it was a beautiful start to the cruise going up to Caloundra where the pilot disembarks.

We sailed to the mouth of the river and then into Moreton Bay and we then headed directly towards Moreton Island.

We were very lucky to have some whales join us on this trip and they were breaching and having a wonderful time. It was a magnificent sight.

I live near Brisbane but have never been out in the northern part of Moreton Bay before.

I have sailed from Brisbane before on the SuperStar Leo (now called the Norwegian Spirit), but it sailed later in the day and we missed all this.

I'm not about to compare it to Sydney Harbour but I was surprised that it was all so interesting for the first few hours.

Lias,

It is wonderful sailing out of Sydney under the bridge etc, but now that you have told me about Brisbane I am really looking forward to is. I used to holiday in Caloundra when I was a child so I can associate where you are talking about. It will great if I can see the area from another perspective.

On our last cruise we sailed through the Hannah-Boulari passage and it was fun to watch the pilot boat come up and the pilot jump on and off the ship.

Archived