Chris & Ginny's Journey Cruise - 9 day Trip

This was one of the pictures in between floors. My wife and I love artwork, and this was a beautiful picture. We usually cruise during October, but we were moving into a brand new house this past year and couldn't cruise in October. What do you think about the picture.

_DSC1063.jpg

Here's one of the organizers of our facebook group, Guy Marlette. He did a fantastic job getting the room reserved, and prizes, and overall being the Master of Ceremonies. We had a lot of fun getting to know everyone. As fate would have it though, we met 3 other non-facebook friends who we ended up eating with and hanging out with on excursions, etc.

_DSC1074.jpg

_DSC1075.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l521/sonicbuffalo/_DSC1082.jpg

_DSC1092.jpg

My wife has a thing about towel animals....we have to (and I mean me) take pictures of any new ones we haven't seen before.....

_DSC1094.jpg

Day 3 as we were late closing in on St. Kitts due to the Coast Guard inspection, and as the Master said, it took longer than expected to load provisions for the 9 day trip. I believe the Coast Guard inspection explanation but Carnival should be used to loading provisions quicker. In an case, here is an island we passed just a few miles from reaching St. Kitts. My picture has a piece of dust on the sensor, which I didn't catch since I didn't have my laptop with me to preview images. Sorry for that.

_DSC1096.jpg

Edited by sonicbuffalo

The always helpful and smiling Lido Staff. We had a tour scheduled, but due to us arriving a few hours late and leaving early, we decided to go on a tour with the friends we had met. We took a taxi tour around the island and all went well. I say that because we could have had a bad trip since right before we boarded, I did a walk around the van and found not one, not two, but four nearly bald tires. I won't get on a taxi on an island anymore without havig good tires, and I will check them.

_DSC1110.jpg

Great review so far, and really enjoying your photos! Keep it up! We are just two weeks away from our 10 night Journeys cruise on Sunshine and photo reviews help keep the excitement going!

Guess how many nights you get lobster and prime rib?

Anxiously awaiting more of your review and pictures. We are doing the journeys cruise out of NY in August and are so excited. First time on the Sunshine and we are on the Lido deck too.. 😎

Following! We've only ever been on NCL - interested in maybe venturing outside the box :)

We sailed the smallest ship in NCL's fleet and had the best time ever.....but, that being said, we had a great time on the 'shine too! My avice is to try Carnival, but try one of their newer ships, or the newest (Vista) to get a sense of what direction Carnival is heading....you'll love it.

Anxiously awaiting more of your review and pictures. We are doing the journeys cruise out of NY in August and are so excited. First time on the Sunshine and we are on the Lido deck too.. 😎

I'll be posting lots more pictures later on today and try to get a full days worth in. Thanks for being patient.

Here's a sampling of what getting off the ship is like on the first port of call (St. Kitts) after announcements that the ship had cleared customs and the gangway was open. The next shot is of a 'rent a cop' with arresting powers as the taxi driver said. Her persona changed the second she knew I was taking a picture of her. She got real stern looking.

_DSC1123.jpg

_DSC1124.jpg These two couples have 109 years of married life between them. We were fortunate to have them as friends during the cruise.

_DSC1125.jpg digs from an archaeological site of an old rum distellery.

_DSC1126.jpg[img] Where

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l521/sonicbuffalo/_DSC1131.jpg' alt='_DSC1131.jpg'>[/img]

Edited by sonicbuffalo

A small flower garden with pictures taken by my lovely wife, Ginny....

_DSC1149.jpg

Is that the infamour whale tail lurking over the port?

_DSC1151.jpg

Let the Sunshine in....let the Sunshine in....

_DSC1152.jpg

_DSC1153.jpg

Edited by sonicbuffalo

Bye bye St. Kitts until next year...

_DSC1155.jpg

Welcome to Barbados.....we had never been here before and so we weren't expecting much more than beaches so we book a Carnival Tour with

a Catamaran, full hot lunch, open bar, and swimming with the large turtles. It was great and I apologize for not having an underwater camera. Here was a friend we made, Roy, and his lovely wife Lisa.

_DSC1157.jpg

_DSC1159.jpg

_DSC1160.jpg

_DSC1161.jpg

Beautiful houses line the shore...

_DSC1162.jpg