Traditional Dining Now on Deck 5 on Summit

67Miner

As the main floor of the MRD is mainly 4,6 & 8 tops they must be doing a lot of re organizing as it seems that most Select Diners want 2 tops.

I've never found this to be the case. Ii seems to me that most people in select are sharing tables, & the 2 tops are in the minority.

Hmm.... Now let's think about this. They moved it to deck 4. Now why would celebrity move select dinning to a smaller floor of the restaurant when it's becoming more popular. Your contradictory statement makes me question your purpose.

What's with the snarky comment, pumpkin?

I have no purpose other than to point out that traditional dining has always been the assigned the larger venue on Deck 4. That has now been reversed. You may recall, in the past, Celebrity honored requests for early seating traditional dining, late seating traditional dining, or select dining. They placed limits on each category. When the limit was reached, guests were offered their second choice.

Obviously, Celebrity has chosen to change that process. As a traditional diner, I am disappointed. That's all. Your thinking confuses me.

Here's what I don't get. As we prefer traditional dining, we often got wait-listed for our preferred time as TD we were told is very popular. I would have thought they would have made more space available to those who prefer TD than less.

In fact, on our last cruise on the Summit, early TD was sold out, even at least eight months before the cruise. We were forced to do select. We found it a real pain having to come by every day to make a dinner reservation.

When Select dining was first introduced, I recall being told if found a favorite waiter or table, you could just reserve that table for the rest of the cruise at that specific time. Not anymore. You can request, but not reserve.

Our answer has been to go Aqua. We have rarely been unable to get the same waiters in Blu, though to get the same table, you have to show up as soon as the restaurant opens. Having the same waiter who learns your preferences is more important to me than having the same table.