Could anyone tell me the name and location of a respected orphanage on Roatan?

Mrs.ToTo

We will be at port on May 25th with our 2 older teens and would love to visit and drop off some goodies and supplies to a respected orphanage.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you contact Rony at Rony's tours, ronystours.com , he'll know of the places you may wish to visit.

I believe there are 2 orphanages on the island. One is between Coxen Hole and the West End. The other is in Gravel Bay, which is near the West End. I don't know the names off hand.

Others who frequent this board and spend time on the island may have a better idea, or names and contacts. I don't believe you can just walk up and say, hey.

We just visited an orphanage on April 12th in Coxen Hole. It is Majken Broby children's home. This orphanage is small and doesn't get as much help as the other larger one does, so we decided this is the place we wanted to help. I contacted the director prior to our sailing and he was very kind. I spoke with him over the phone as well as through email. He sent me a list of the children's ages, names, clothing and shoe sizes. We were able to bring clothes and shoes for the children. I was told that they also need toiletries. I know this home could really use any help you could offer. The director's name was Rupert Solomon and his email is solomonrupert@yahoo.com

Thank you.... I will look into all this info and see what works best for our location and their needs. [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app