Allure kids club explorer question

Hi, I have seen the daily activities posted but as a 1st RC cruiser I have a general question on the kids club. We will be on the allure and my daughter is 8.

They have the day broken out into 3 sections, morning, afternoon, evening. Within each section is a list of activities.( Gaga ball, volcanos, color explosion flags, etc)

Do those all go on at once, or one at time and the group of kids all moves from one activity to the next?

What if a child doesn't want to play tag for example, or color butterflies ( 2 sample activities I am using just as examples) what does the child do? Call mom to be picked up or are their other things for them to do on heir own? ( computers,coloring, movies as examples)

Are they all in one large room or is there freedom to Roam around from room to room. (Assuming there is more then one room) again, she is8, so Loki g for info on that group. Not a ton of photos of the space(s) online.

THANK YOU in advance for any help!

My son was in that age group when we sailed on the Oasis. He said there were 2 staff and about 5 to 10 kids depending on the times. He said the staff were really good about involving everyone and that no one sat out. He loved the kids camp and I had a hard time getting him to leave. And I should point out that he is the youngest of 3 and ended up in a group by himself while the other 2 were together. I was worried, but the staff were fantastic and kept those kids entertained. Hope that helps :)

Thank you for answering!! Does he happen to remember if everyone had to do the same thing or was there some choices? All in one large room or space to ram around a bit? Thanks again!!

He said the room was large enough for the games, but they didn't leave the room. He also said they kept to the scheduled games, activities, so kids couldn't do their own thing. In his opinion, everybody wanted to play the games.

He did remember they participated in a parade one day, and left the camp and went down to the promenade.

Hope that helps :)

At 8 my daughter still enjoyed many of the kids club activities. She always loved the staff even when she was bored. If you cruise a lot the kids club becomes very repetitive. Since this is your childs first cruise, they will love it. Pirate night is a favorite and the pajama parties. My daughter also loved the late night where we had to pay $5 per hour. Not sure what they charge now.

I have 2 kids similar ages. Been on the Allure several times. Adventure Ocean is always a highlight. Generally they stay the entire time in their designated age group room but they do sometimes go to the Adventure Science, Imaginearium, Adventure Theater or even up to the Sports court.

The listed activities tend to be more of a guide or suggestion. They do keep to this but depending upon how many kids are in the room the counselors will deviate from the list to ensure the activities work for the size group. No activity lasts very long so if a kid doesnt like a particular activity then they don't get too bored. If you are really nervous (or your kid is nervous) you can always rent a deck phone and leave the number with the club. That way, the club can always reach you whereever you are on the ship. There is a limited # of deck phones so reserve one early when you get on.

Late Night is definitely a highlight. As someone posted they start charging at 10PM. Around 10:30/11 PM they start a marathon GaGa Ball tournament that can last for a couple hours. Good luck getting your child out at that time. I have never seen any kid (girls or boys) be happy to leave before the they are "officially" out or win a medal.

Also, AO runs lots of "family" activities throughout the day that you can participate with your kids at as well as typically a carnival on the boardwalk with face painting and balloon animals.

You're going to love the ship and not want to get off.

Enjoy.

i'm so glad to read this post. My daughter is 10 and I am really hoping she has a good time in the kids clubs. When I was a kid on the cruise we did so many fun things I never wanted to be with my parents. Hoping she has a similar experience.

Late Night is definitely a highlight. As someone posted they start charging at 10PM. Around 10:30/11 PM they start a marathon GaGa Ball tournament that can last for a couple hours. Good luck getting your child out at that time. I have never seen any kid (girls or boys) be happy to leave before the they are "officially" out or win a medal.

Enjoy.

This! My 3 kids were not happy when they had to leave. They love GaGa Ball.:)

This thread is very helpful, since I had the same questions! I have two daughters (9 and 7 at time of travel), and we're traveling with their cousins ranging in age from 16 to 11 at cruise time. My 7 year old will be the only one apart from a member of her family. Has anyone ever heard of a child being allowed to "level up" to be with a sibling? TIA!:o

This thread is very helpful, since I had the same questions! I have two daughters (9 and 7 at time of travel), and we're traveling with their cousins ranging in age from 16 to 11 at cruise time. My 7 year old will be the only one apart from a member of her family. Has anyone ever heard of a child being allowed to "level up" to be with a sibling? TIA!:o

Depends on the situation on your sailing. Best not to get their hopes up.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same situation with my family. My son is 10 and his sister and cousins are 13-16 yrs., so he will be alone too. [emoji17]. Hoping he will make friends, but he's a quiet kid. From what im hearing, it doesn't look like leveling up is an option bc it's such a gap in age.

We're leaving this Saturday on the Allure, and was wondering about the flexibility of the age limits too.

I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old who will be 12 in August, so I was hoping they could stay together. They would really prefer that if it's possible. When I called the cruise line they basically said that they're supposed to stay with their age, but to ask once we got on the ship. I don't really care if the younger one moves up or the older one moves down, but hopefully they'll get to do the same things.

We're leaving this Saturday on the Allure, and was wondering about the flexibility of the age limits too.

I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old who will be 12 in August, so I was hoping they could stay together. They would really prefer that if it's possible. When I called the cruise line they basically said that they're supposed to stay with their age, but to ask once we got on the ship. I don't really care if the younger one moves up or the older one moves down, but hopefully they'll get to do the same things.

It all depends on the population of the particular age groups on your cruise. I'd prepare the kids to be separated so that they are not surprised.