Transportation from Hotel near MCO to Port Canaveral???

peajay84

We have a late flight (11:15pm) into MCO the night before our cruise on the Carnival Valor. I'd like to spend the night in a hotel near the airport then have a shuttle from the hotel to the port the next morning.

Are there shuttle services that will pick up at a hotel and deliver you to the port? or would we have to go back to the airport and catch a shuttle from there?

We have a late flight (11:15pm) into MCO the night before our cruise on the Carnival Valor. I'd like to spend the night in a hotel near the airport then have a shuttle from the hotel to the port the next morning.

Are there shuttle services that will pick up at a hotel and deliver you to the port? or would we have to go back to the airport and catch a shuttle from there?

While staying near MCO you have 4 options:

Pick a hotel that meets your budget (almost all have free shuttles). Hyatt inside the terminal is great if within your price range. Here is a link with information about airport hotels including a list of prices (a few cheaper hotels are west of the airport, not north)

1. Shuttle back to the airport and use cruise line buses. At around $35 per person those may be your most cost-effective option.

2. Shuttle back to the airport and use shared shuttle buses. Some cost as low as $14.50 per person.

3. Book a private shuttle or limo or Uber from your hotel. Try companies like Mears, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Cortrans, etc. Will cost $120+.

4. Rent a one-way car. Often under $60 per day!

Below is a map of airport hotels

Here is a link to many transportation options

Cluster-Orlando-Airport2.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

How many in your party? :confused:

For sure private transport from Executive VIP will pick up at your hotel. Cocoa Beach Shuttle and CorTrans might pick up at your hotel - depending upon how many and what hotel.

You could grab a rental car when you land, spend the night near MCO, and then drive yourself from hotel to PC/Cocoa Beach; all of the car rental agencies there offer free shuttle to the port.

Thank you for the suggestions! It is just my husband and I and this will be our first cruise. We are used to just going from airport to airport and having "vacation" start as soon as we get to the resort/condo. Having an overnight stay and shuttles from here and there before we can even start our "vacation" is a new experience.

I will check out your suggestions and welcome any other new ones that may be offered.

Thanks!

according to my neighbor you can use UBER and it should run around $70

he uses UBER to/from the airport and Melbourne (a lil south of the port) routinely.

{note, "regular" UBER can not p/up at the airport, but UBER BLACK can, making the fare more $$. So he'll got to a hotel just outside of the airport and call UBER from there!}

Can not confirm this, but he says he does it regularly .... I know he travels A BUNCH.

I used Happy Hour shuttle last May with no issues from Port Canaveral to MCO for 4 people. Cheaper than CCL shuttle and we got there so fast we had to hang out in the airport mall.

On the trip to the port we rented a SUV because it was cheaper than the shuttle for some reason and we were getting in at different times and 1 couple had a whole day to spend in Orlando

Edited by loretta5ue

You can find a hotel within your budget at https://www.goportcanaveral.com they've got several near mco that include shuttle to the hotel and then shuttles to the cruise ships and a shuttle back to the airport. It's all preference, I like the Holiday Inn its a 4 star hotel and with all the services included it is showing for $149

Thank you for the suggestions! It is just my husband and I and this will be our first cruise. We are used to just going from airport to airport and having "vacation" start as soon as we get to the resort/condo. Having an overnight stay and shuttles from here and there before we can even start our "vacation" is a new experience.

I will check out your suggestions and welcome any other new ones that may be offered.

Thanks!

Use Cortrans, $20 per person and very reliable. We used in January.

LaQuinta North Orlando Airport is a super clean hotel that is located 5 min from the airport. The hotel has a great pool and is in a park-like setting....very nice for an airport hotel. They offer a courtesy airport shuttle plus complimentary breakfast. In addition, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel....some 24 hr which makes it nice to grab a bite after a late flight.

TravelLynx shuttle service is very well known and highly reputable. They will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the port. After your cruise, they will be there for your return trip back to the Orlando Airport.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Executive vip limo services all hotels in Orlando.

Limo for up to 8 passengers is $175 to Port.

Private Town car or minivan for up to 6 passengers is $120 to Port.

Prices include all tax, tolls, port entry, child seats, refreshments on ice

and a store stop at Walmart/ liquor store etc.

http://www.executiveviplimousine.com 321-505-0009