Port of Southampton - help looking for somewhere to have breakfast

This is off topic, but maybe someone can tell me of a hotel that is walking distance to the cruise port.. we are leaving from berth 38/9 on Q. Elizabeth..thanks!

Really depends on how far you are able to walk.

Grand Harbour

holiday Inn (Herbert walker avenue)

Premier Inn

Travel lodge west quay

pig in the wall (restaurant with rooms)

novotel

ibis

I would walk from all of them but I like walking and am luckily able to.

Edited by cymru cruiser

38/9, the QE 11 terminal, is the one cruise terminal where I'd be inclined to take a taxi - it's deep in the docks, almost a mile from the dock gate. And for much of the way the sidewalk is separated from traffic, including trucks, by only a yellow-painted line

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/50.8857369,-1.395642/50.8965287,-1.4013549/@50.8913571,-1.4102641,15z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2

So for convenience to that cruise terminal, there's little difference between any of the city centre hotels.

Most hotels are cloned chain hotels. All are very acceptable, but Premier Inn West Quay is probably best value & a favourite of CC members.

Holiday Inn on Herbert Walker Avenue is right by City cruise terminal & has views down Southampton Water at the front & over City cruise terminal at the rear, so it's a favourite for cruisers sailing from that terminal. Just had a much-needed renovation. .

For something different, consider

- the Mercure Dolphin hotel. A historic coaching inn on the old main street. But you need to accept the down-sides of historic buildings - assorted room sizes, sloping floors etc. Check reviews.

- Pig-in-the-Wall, boutique hotel built into the city wall. Beware the TripAdvisor map, it incorrectly shows the Pig as being in the city suburbs :rolleyes:

- Ennio's. Another boutique. I think the Welsh (Cymru) poster has confused the Pig with Ennio's, which is an Italian restaurant with rooms above. It's in a converted warehouse just round the corner from the Pig-in-the-Wall, & opposite the waterfront.

For all city centre hotels, do check parking arrangements.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

38/9, the QE 11 terminal, is the one cruise terminal where I'd be inclined to take a taxi - it's deep in the docks, almost a mile from the dock gate. And for much of the way the sidewalk is separated from traffic, including trucks, by only a yellow-painted line

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/50.8857369,-1.395642/50.8965287,-1.4013549/@50.8913571,-1.4102641,15z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2

So for convenience to that cruise terminal, there's little difference between any of the city centre hotels.

Most hotels are cloned chain hotels. All are very acceptable, but Premier Inn West Quay is probably best value & a favourite of CC members.

Holiday Inn on Herbert Walker Avenue is right by City cruise terminal & has views down Southampton Water at the front & over City cruise terminal at the rear, so it's a favourite for cruisers sailing from that terminal. Just had a much-needed renovation. .

For something different, consider

- the Mercure Dolphin hotel. A historic coaching inn on the old main street. But you need to accept the down-sides of historic buildings - assorted room sizes, sloping floors etc. Check reviews.

- Pig-in-the-Wall, boutique hotel built into the city wall. Beware the TripAdvisor map, it incorrectly shows the Pig as being in the city suburbs :rolleyes:

- Ennio's. Another boutique. I think the Welsh (Cymru) poster has confused the Pig with Ennio's, which is an Italian restaurant with rooms above. It's in a converted warehouse just round the corner from the Pig-in-the-Wall, & opposite the waterfront.

For all city centre hotels, do check parking arrangements.

Nope not confused. Never heard of ennios. The pig is in the wall opposite the side entrance of the grand harbour.

I just described it as a restaurant with rooms rather than a boutique hotel and delivery bar lol.

Nope not confused. Never heard of ennios. The pig is in the wall opposite the side entrance of the grand harbour.

I just described it as a restaurant with rooms rather than a boutique hotel and delivery bar lol.

Yep, behind Grand Harbour.:)

Or out by the county cricket ground if you believe TripAdvisor's map :rolleyes:.

Always though of Piggy as being just a boutique hotel, with dining for hotel guests.

But yep, you're right - open to non-residents too.

Though more for snacks/drinks than evening meals.

And the photos of the "restaurant" look like my granddaddy's front parlour :D

Have dined at Ennio's - more the sort of place you'd call a "restaurant".

A restaurant with rooms above.

So there :p;)

Don't you just love predictive text! Delivery bar? I typed deli bar hahah

THIS!!!! had several good meals there.

Can't understand why people suggest McDonalds or chain hotels, or department stores for breakfasts (or dinner for that matter). There are so many excellent independent local restaurants and cafés in Southampton which would be much more appreciative of your custom.

I'm with you there Dave.

Though I did laugh when i read of a cruiser grabbing a cheap coffee in the Southampton McDonalds near Carnival House and then getting hit with a parking charge.:)