Princess Transfers Affected By San Juan Taxi Strike?

wspatton

Good Morning!!

We Fly into San Juan Airport on Sunday Afternoon 5/9/04 to Board the Golden for an 11 p.m. sailing.

We are told that the Taxi Drivers in San Juan are on Strike. But I figured, "No Problem - I have a Princess Transfer."

Should I be able to assume that the Princess-furnished Transfers will operate regardless of the status of the Strike?

<FONT SIZE="5"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Bill & Mary</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Golden Princess: May 9, 2004</FONT></FONT>

Leaving:

<FONT SIZE="4"><span style="border:blue double 5px;"><span style="background-color:#000066;"><tt><FONT COLOR="#33CCFF">~ {TOMORROW!!!} ~</span></span></FONT></FONT></tt></p>

I tried calling Princess and they don't know anything other than that the transfers are Motor Coaches [not taxis].

My concern is that some "for hire" drivers other than taxi drivers are running into trouble at the airport (reportedly).

I also tried Princess web site but as usual they are down. icon_frown.gif

(A 25th Anniversary First Cruise.... Everyone has to start Somewhere!)

Leaving ON:

<FONT SIZE="4"><span style="border:blue double 5px;"><span style="background-color:#000066;"><tt><FONT COLOR="#33CCFF">~ 5/9/04 at 11:00p.m. {No Countdown Clock: You Figure It Out} ~</span></span></FONT></FONT></tt></p>

I just read a report on-line by El Nuevo Dia, Puerto Rico's largest newspaper, that the taxi drivers' strike is now over.

Tentative agreement to end the strike, that was reached late yesterday, was ratified by all parties today, and the strike is officially over.

Bill and Mary, I am going on the Golden 6/27. Please report back and let us know how your trip was! I was on the Golden 4/10 Eastern Caribbean and loved it!! The ship is beautiful, and the service was even better! Have a wonderful time! Lisa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Conquest 4/03

Victory 12/03

Golden Princess 4/04 Golden Princess 6/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I just read a report on-line by El Nuevo Dia, Puerto Rico's largest newspaper, that the taxi drivers' strike is now over.

Tentative agreement to end the strike, that was reached late yesterday, was ratified by all parties today, and the strike is officially over.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks so much for the update. I knew these boards would give us the timely information we need!

Leaving ON:

<FONT SIZE="4"><span style="border:blue double 5px;"><span style="background-color:#000066;"><tt><FONT COLOR="#33CCFF">~ 5/9/04 at 11:00p.m. {No Countdown Clock: You Figure It Out} ~</span></span></FONT></FONT></tt></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wolfsnare:

Bill and Mary, I am going on the Golden 6/27. Please report back and let us know how your trip was! I was on the Golden 4/10 Eastern Caribbean and loved it!! The ship is beautiful, and the service was even better! Have a wonderful time! Lisa<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lisa, Will do.... Will either post a full review or will post a recap as a new thread on the Princess Forum.

Leaving ON:

Archived