Thalassotherapy Pool/Thermal Suites Rates

DFWGUYZ

My question is about rates (non-suite/non four or five star Mariner passage) to the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suites. I've been quoted $349.00 per couple/10 day voyage. I understand these passes are numbered per voyage.

The itinerary for this voyage is port intensive, 7 non-tendered ports and three sea days. Would it be to our advantage (price wise) to book once onboard and chance there would be passes available or go ahead and purchase now via ship services? Many thanks in advance for the experienced input from the many HAL cruisers.

My question is about rates (non-suite/non four or five star Mariner passage) to the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suites. I've been quoted $349.00 per couple/10 day voyage. I understand these passes are numbered per voyage.

The itinerary for this voyage is port intensive, 7 non-tendered ports and three sea days. Would it be to our advantage (price wise) to book once onboard and chance there would be passes available or go ahead and purchase now via ship services? Many thanks in advance for the experienced input from the many HAL cruisers.

Can not prepay. Book on ship only

Buy first day as soon as you board, should be the best price available. I have heard of pre-paying and then getting a refund of the difference if the pre-paid price is higher than the first day price, but that can be iffy, I wouldn't chance it. Remember that the spa is run by a contractor so it can be hard to pin down the rules.

If you are concerned about the size of the on-board bill you can pre-purchase on board credit to help off-set the fee.

Sounds luxurious! Enjoy, m--

Can only one of the cabin have the pool. Does it have to be everyday or can you have say 10 days out of 18? I love the pool hubby does not. Price per day per person (Rotterdam). I guess maybe should ask if Rotterdam has the pool and if there are any other pool for use (heated water oh please! it's Iceland!). Anybody know if there is a locker room for general use?

Can only one of the cabin have the pool. Does it have to be everyday or can you have say 10 days out of 18? I love the pool hubby does not. Price per day per person (Rotterdam). I guess maybe should ask if Rotterdam has the pool and if there are any other pool for use (heated water oh please! it's Iceland!). Anybody know if there is a locker room for general use?

The Rotterdam does have a hot-tub type "pool" but it is not the large thassolotherapy (sp?) one that the Vista and larger class ships have. On Rotterdam it's in the same room with the thermal chairs. You can purchase a "whole cruise" pass to use this room, or you can purchase on a day by day rate assuming it's not sold out (I've never heard of this, but it could happen). If you are planning to use it for 10 days out of 18 you will probably want to just buy the pass on the first day of the cruise. Yes, just one of you can buy it. There is a slight discount if you buy as a couple, but it's not necessary to do that. For your 18 day cruise the pass for the suite will probably be in the $300 or so range, but as others have said, you'll get the best deal if you just go up to the spa on embarkation day and sign up. If you don't think you'll use it more than a few days, I would just pay as you go.

Yes, Rotterdam has a pool - I believe it has two but someone else must confirm this. There are changing rooms next to the pools on all HAL ships. I don't use them - I just use my cabin, but they are there.

Edited by Moriah