Leaving on Summit on Sunday

kaye1945

Can anyone tell me what time we can start boarding ship? Also, we are driving from South Jersey and don't want to be locked out of parking garage; any suggestions on what time we should arrive. Thanks so much

:)

Can anyone tell me what time we can start boarding ship? Also, we are driving from South Jersey and don't want to be locked out of parking garage; any suggestions on what time we should arrive. Thanks so much

I sailed on the Summit on May 1. I arrived around 10:30 and went quickly thru checkin, waited in waiting area for just a short time and then it was off to boarding by using the escalators in this new terminal. Much nicer than the old way. On board I think by 11:05. Enjoy your trip

We used to drive up from Toms River. I would arrive around 10:30, drop off the luggage, and head to parking garage -- hopefully there are spots as the Anthem will have taken up the majority of the spots. I read somewhere that there were only around 50 spots available on the rooftop.

You should beat the crowd and be on board no later than 11:15.

We used to drive up from Toms River. I would arrive around 10:30, drop off the luggage, and head to parking garage -- hopefully there are spots as the Anthem will have taken up the majority of the spots. I read somewhere that there were only around 50 spots available on the rooftop.

You should beat the crowd and be on board no later than 11:15.

Does anyone know if the lot holds the 900 cars they said it would when it was announced they were building it? I can't believe 850 cars are parked there just for Anthem. We sailed on Anthem back in March and the lot didn't seem half full. There was no one at all parked on the roof and the entire bottom section was coned off except for handicapped parking.

Edited by CruisingChick

I got there around 10:30 on May 1. Garage was just about full as Anthem took 700 spots day before according to the attendant. When it fills they use a lot. I was on the ship around 11.

Last thing I want to do is pay $20 to use that awful lot, as opposed to the nice new garage. They should charge less for the lot.

We will be there in June. From what I have heard the garage will only have spaces if you get early. My advice, assume you will get the outdoor parking so if the garage has spots you start off the vacation with a happy bonus!