Excursion ideas NCL Epic

rah_bert

You're welcome!

I also book with Costco. They give obc based on the cost of the cruise and your cabin category. I have two cruises booked with balconies, and the obc for the two of them is $595. This is in addition to whatever promo the cruise line has going.

Yes we booked a couple cruises with Priceline cruises and used their promos and the cruise line promos. I use Costco sometimes for travel, they have the best rental car rates.

I did check the Costco website for excursions but didn't see any options to book excursions I will go back and search for the option.

Edited by Wawa18

Hi, we are a group of 8 heading out on Epic June 5. We booked private tours at each port with Travels with Friends, I found them through Trip Advisor. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, we are a group of 8 heading out on Epic June 5. We booked private tours at each port with Travels with Friends, I found them through Trip Advisor. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi J,

I think I know your group [emoji1][emoji1]. I found out that the spa is open until 11 pm as your mom had asked me. I can't wait to hear about your trip. I board the Epic on August 31!

Marilyn

In late April, we used shareashore for Rome-on-your-own and Florence-on-your-own excursions. They did a very good job. Came to under 60 euros (with tip) a person for groups of 8. They have a good on-line setup and sign-up tool and we used the roll-call to coordinate. The Florence driver did a very good job as guide.

http://www.shareashoreexcursion.com/

• 1 month later...
I am looking for any suggestions on excursions for the NCL Epic. In any of the following ports:

Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Cannes, France

Provence (Marseille), France

Barcelona, Spain

Naples, Italy

I am looking for independent tours, not the overpriced NCL options. Do you know of any affordable tour operators or have any suggestions for these stops?

Thank you in advance!

We were a group of 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 4 yr-old) and sailed on Epic 3rd-10th July.

In Florence, we used Nicola Scovenna NCC https://www.livornotoflorence.com/

We visited Pisa and Florence in a very efficient way with a reasonable price. They booked the tickets of Accademia Gallery by requested with no extra service charge. The driver was very professional, knowledgeable, and elegant.

In Cannes, we went to The Lérins Islands by ourselves. The ferry port was just next to the tender port, very easy to find. We enjoyed the serenity at the Saint Honorat island. Afterwards we were back to Cannes and did sightseeing by tourism little train.

In Marseille, we were lucky to have Cedric with us. We found him from tripadvisor with astonishing highly-valued review (https://www.tripadvisor.com.tw/Attraction_Review-g187253-d6407985-Reviews-Be_A_Guest-Marseille_Bouches_du_Rhone_Provence.html). We went to the lavender fields in Valensole and then Aix-en-Provence. Cedric took care of my group. He had vast knowledge about the region. I would not hesitate to recommend Be A Guest and Cedric to anyone travelling to Marseille!

In Naples, we visited the Vesuvio crater by taxi randomly found at the port. It costed us 90 euro, as set in the fixed-rate chart. And then we asked the driver dropped us in Herculaneum heritage. We went back to the port by train and metro.