Star or Grand for Hawaii

SOLIVITA LADY

Nice picture. You'd be easy to recognize this way.

On the subject, If I had to fly anyway, I'd take the sailing with Elua. Both couples are great, it's just my personal preference.

The pic is from Waimea Canyon on Kauai. :)

We have only done Hawaii once so far. 15 days SF/Hawaii round trip. The CD was J.J. Ulrich. The did have lei making classes and such but no Elua and there was nothing on the ship to indicate it was a cruise to Hawaii. It could have been a cruise to anywhere if you went by decor or entertainment. I was quite disappointed. (The guy didn't even do the daily trivia and his morning show was done from here and there on the ship and was really horrible and pathetic. I will be happy if we never have this CD again.)

I've heard a lot of good things about Leialoha and Dave (Elua). Hopefully we will see them on a future cruise to Hawaii.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm waiting for pricing on both ships. We love Alfredos but could deal without it. I'm just nervous that they will not have a Hawaiian Ambassador group to entertain on the April 14 th cruise as Princess has sent Elua to Japan in April to start the season sailing there. Would be very disappointed not to have a Hawaiian theme to the cruise.

We've sailed out of San Pedro before but not San Francisco.

We're leaning towards Star Princess as this would be a new ship for us, have sailed the Grand multiple times.

Jackie

SOLIVITA LADY

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I just booked Star for March 19 and started a Roll Call. So far, I'm the only one....;)

I just got off Grand a few weeks ago, and was on Star last November. I like both ships, and yes, San Francisco is wonderful to sail in and out of.

I did choose Star mainly for location. No flying or long drives for me.

But many of my friends on the east coast say it's easier for them to get to Los Angeles as opposed to San Francisco.

Since you've been on Grand before, why not try Star? She is a beautiful ship, and yes, the closets ARE bigger! :D

We are on our inaugural Princess cruise aboard the Star Princess in October, having only cruised with P&O previously. British Airways have made us a provisional one night room only reservation at the LAX Hilton Hotel prior to cruising the following day. I have read negative local reviews of this area of the hotel for walking out in the evening.

As I have time to cancel this reservation can anyone offer advice, guidance as to a preferred stay location perhaps nearer the World Cruise Centre at San Pedro?

We stayed at the Doubletree in San Pedro in 2013 before our cruise. The really nice thing about it was, they had a free shuttle to take you out to restaurants at night, and a free shuttle to the ship the next morning. They did not have a free breakfast though, unless you had some past-guest status. It was a very nice hotel and we would go there again. It is at the marina for small boats and we saw some seals. It seemed like a nice area and safe at night.

I didn't feel that the cabins were different on Grand and Star. In a standard cabin the closets are the same on both ships.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "standard cabin" but I sailed on the Star last January and just got off the Grand a couple of days ago; both sailings in a balcony stateroom. The closet on the Grand was half the size of the one on the Star. I flet that the shower and bathroom were a bit larger on the Grand. I'm not a large person so I'll take the larger closet.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "standard cabin" but I sailed on the Star last January and just got off the Grand a couple of days ago; both sailings in a balcony stateroom. The closet on the Grand was half the size of the one on the Star. I flet that the shower and bathroom were a bit larger on the Grand. I'm not a large person so I'll take the larger closet.

I agree. Our last cabin on Grand was a premium balcony. The closet was definitely much smaller than those on Star, Crown, Coral, etc.

Sailed on the Star and Grand in C415 (PH suite) and in the Grand in C422 (PH suite) and the walk-in closets were identical :D

Btw, C415 was in better condition on the Grand than it was on the Star with a sticking drawer.