Mr. Sanchos

scottwe4

It looks like the AI side has a pool with a swim up bar can someone confirm this? Is the AI only a buffet or can you order off the menu? We're not really buffet people.

Thanks

AI side has a couple of pools including one with a swim-up bar. We've always ordered off the menu but they may switch to a buffet on very busy/crowded days.

If you are looking for a quieter spot with AI, swim-up bar and always order off the menu check out Nachi Cocom - no water toys, no music, no crowds; just wonderful!

Edited by JohninDC

how close is this to the port?

Taxi ride takes about 10-15 minutes -- fare will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier (there are 3 piers on Coz - be sure you go back to the correct pier! :eek:), but was about $17 each way the last time we visited Coz (fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab). If you have a bigger group they have van cabs that can handle your party for a higher - also posted - fare.

Cabs on Coz are fairly well regulated, unlike the crooks in Philadelphia! :mad:

thanks DC. Yes we have been to Nachi many times, as well as Paradise Beach. Just thinking of trying something different. Sanchos pool looks really nice and Nachi - well, we LOVE their beach but their pool is pretty blah. PB has a great pool but can get so crowded and no swim up bar. I feel like Goldilocks! :D

So how much do you pay if you not on the AI side?

Admission is free! Just pay for your food/drinks and any extras (water toys, massage, etc.) that you decide on. Taxi from the piers to Mr. Sanchos (or Paradise Beach and other popular beach clubs) will run about $17+tip each way for up to 4 passengers sharing the cab).

On an earlier thread you were asking about an island tour. Taking a 3 hour tour and getting dropped off at Paradise Beach or Sanchos (PAYG), on the way back to the ship is a good option and would cover a lot of your requirements. You could either taxi back when you were ready (lots of taxis available) or ask, and pay, for your private driver to wait a couple of hours.

As John says great facilities at Paradise Beach - huge pool and clean restrooms. Wrist bands are also available at Paradise for watersports.

Yes, part of my group wanted to do the island tour, part beach day. However, I think we've just about decided on the island tour. I do like the thought of getting dropped off at a beach at the end of the tour (assuming there is time) is a great idea!

Yes, part of my group wanted to do the island tour, part beach day. However, I think we've just about decided on the island tour. I do like the thought of getting dropped off at a beach at the end of the tour (assuming there is time) is a great idea!

Sounds like a win-win, if you do the island tour, those that want to stay at the beach could do so, and taxi back, and the others could go back to the ship. Also good beach facilities at Playa Morena on the east side (no ocean swimming) or maybe Chen Rio.

Taxis are plentiful on Cozumel, easy to get a cab back from the popular southern beach clubs, or your private driver could return and pick them up.

Edited by c-leg5

For those of you that have done the Mr. Santos "All Inclusive Package" which say as well Eat & drink questions.

1. do they bring you drinks to your area and do you have to tip them.

2. the food to they bring it or is there a place you go for lunch.

3. Is there shady area available.

4. Do we bring our on towel or to they provide them Free

Thanks for you time and trouble to answer.

Sounds like a win-win, if you do the island tour, those that want to stay at the beach could do so, and taxi back, and the others could go back to the ship. Also good beach facilities at Playa Morena on the east side (no ocean swimming) or maybe Chen Rio.

Taxis are plentiful on Cozumel, easy to get a cab back from the popular southern beach clubs, or your private driver could return and pick them up.

We talked about stopping at Chen Rio possibly. Just so some could swim if wanted. I've tried looking online - it looks like it's possibly just the beach right beside the road? I haven't looked into Playa Morena.

For those of you that have done the Mr. Santos "All Inclusive Package" which say as well Eat & drink questions.

1. do they bring you drinks to your area and do you have to tip them. We tip our waiter at the end of the day - usually 15-20% of the admission fee

2. the food to they bring it or is there a place you go for lunch. Your waiter will bring it with your drinks - if you are in a beach chair you can move to available tables

3. Is there shady area available. Yes, but you will be further from the beachfront

4. Do we bring our on towel or to they provide them Free Bring towels from the ship

Check out their web site with answers to these and other questions - enjoy! :)

1. do they bring you drinks to your area and do you have to tip them.

2. the food to they bring it or is there a place you go for lunch.

3. Is there shady area available.

4. Do we bring our on towel or to they provide them Free

I have never felt more waited on than at Mr. Sanchos, you have one waiter for the day and he will bring your drinks and food to wherever you are, ours even found us in the water and would call you to tell you he had a drink for you.When you get there they will find you a spot for the day, (ours had lounge chairs and then a covered table as well right on the beach) and it is your spot for the day. They work hard and yes need to be tipped at the end of the day. Bring your own towels they do not provide them.

Thanks so much kbh2. I'm getting excited to take my family there. :D

You are more than welcome, I am going back myself in March of 2017 and cannot wait, I have already booked it..

We will be going to Mr. Sanchos for the first time this summer. We will be on the AI side and will be there for about 4 hours. What would be considered an appropriate tip for our waiter? Since it is all inclusive, we can't do a percentage of the tab, and we have not been to Cozumel before so don't know what local protocol is for tipping. Thanks!

We will be going to Mr. Sanchos for the first time this summer. We will be on the AI side and will be there for about 4 hours. What would be considered an appropriate tip for our waiter? Since it is all inclusive, we can't do a percentage of the tab, and we have not been to Cozumel before so don't know what local protocol is for tipping. Thanks!

For good service - only thing we have ever had at Mr. Sanchos - we tip 15-20% of the admission fee, which works out to about $8-10 per person.

Mr. Sanchos sounds interesting but I don't think we would eat/drink enough for the AI side, so my questions are about the pay-as-you-go side.

1. Did I read correctly that there is no admission fee for the PAYG? Does that include use of chairs?

2. Are umbrellas/shade available/plentiful?

3. Looks like there will be 4 ships in port when we are there. I would assume you can't make reservations for the PAYG. Do they turn people away from that side and/or run out of chairs? Anyway, short of reserving the AI, to guarantee a spot with so many ships in port?

Thanks!

Brad

From the prices on the website menu it doesn't look like it would take much to make the AI side worth it, especially if you plan on drinking anything. I don't drink but I know the kids will want to soda and food so if we go we'll definitely do the AI side. Bottled water or lemonade and lunch should cover the cost of it for me, I drink a lot of water during the day.

Haven't heard of paradise beach will have to look that one up. Which one would you pick for older teens/young 20 something? I am happy to go wherever the best spot is for the 3 of them to have fun. I prefer passion island for DH and myself but think the kids might get bored there.

Well after much info and the reviews on here about Mr. Sanchos. I booked us today. :) I know it's way in advance but that's one stop of what to do off the list. Now on to Jamaica and research it. Thanks everyone for your help. :D

Mr. Sanchos sounds interesting but I don't think we would eat/drink enough for the AI side, so my questions are about the pay-as-you-go side.

1. Did I read correctly that there is no admission fee for the PAYG? Does that include use of chairs? Yes

2. Are umbrellas/shade available/plentiful? Yes

3. Looks like there will be 4 ships in port when we are there. I would assume you can't make reservations for the PAYG. Do they turn people away from that side and/or run out of chairs? Anyway, short of reserving the AI, to guarantee a spot with so many ships in port? No

Thanks!

Brad

We've always done AI when we've visited Sanchos. You might look at Paradise Beach - larger, strictly pay-as-you-go, nice beach, better facilities IMHO, and a HUGE pool. $3 admission/chair rental and they ask that everyone spend about $10 on food/drinks (easy to do! :rolleyes:). Cab fare to either should be the same.

I think maybe we'll do the beginner paddle boarding at Mr. Sanchos that looks like fun. But by the time we get off the ship, get to the beach, take our class and the plan enough time to get back to ship etc. That's only going to leave us about 3 hours of beach time. So may rethink doing the AI side. I don't see us eating/drinking enough to get $50 worth in 3 hours or less especially since we won't have alcohol. Guess we'll do the free side and just pay as we go if we decide do the paddle board class.

Need to look up reviews on it first though.

Well after much info and the reviews on here about Mr. Sanchos. I booked us today. :) I know it's way in advance but that's one stop of what to do off the list. Now on to Jamaica and research it. Thanks everyone for your help. :D

I am also scheduling a visit to Mr. Sancho's. If you find anything "off the beaten path" in Jamaica, please do share. Thanks in advance!

Well do lwhitlock you too as well. We are still trying to decided on Jamaica but we have a long time yet, just got one out of the way and hope it will be good as all have said on the boards here about Mr. Sanchos and I can find some shade other will be ok, but as I get older 60 + now the heat gets to me at times. :)

I will say that we are looking at Go Native Jamaica, Bamboo Rafting on the Martha Brae or Bamboo Beach Club VIP Package with Carnival. I've read here can recall the name right now of a Day Pass to a Hotel Beach area but to much and to far we're thinking.

Edited by marcyjane

Well do lwhitlock you too as well. We are still trying to decided on Jamaica but we have a long time yet, just got one out of the way and hope it will be good as all have said on the boards here about Mr. Sanchos and I can find some shade other will be ok, but as I get older 60 + now the heat gets to me at times. :)

I will say that we are looking at Go Native Jamaica, Bamboo Rafting on the Martha Brae or Bamboo Beach Club VIP Package with Carnival. I've read here can recall the name right now of a Day Pass to a Hotel Beach area but to much and to far we're thinking.

We are considering the Rum, Reggae, and Jerk excursion offered through Carnival. It's reasonable at $65/ppl and seems like a good opportunity to experience the local flavors while in Ocho Rios - a nice "low-key activity".

In Cozumel I chose Mr. Sancho's AI Romance Package which includes: all you can eat/drink + 2 Swedish massages + private cabana for $200. I consider it a very good deal. I also confirmed they offer a free tequila tasting (not the 2 hour seminar advertised on their website). I might also do the fish pedicure just for good measure - first timer here, folks!!

Grand Cayman is proving to be my toughest challenge yet. Although I think I've found one of the places along 7 Mile Beach with great food/drinks offering $50 poolside cabanas. IT IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST that I get pics of the beaches while there - nothing close to them back home.

I wish you much success and enjoyment in whatever you decide - Stay Cool & Happy Sailings!!!