Fireworks in Alaska? Disney Wonder

Tapi

Hello:

I've been reading conflicting information concerning fireworks in Alaska. Some sources say that Disney isn't allowed to have fireworks, but other sources claim that this issue has been resolved and they are now allowed. Anybody know for sure what the answer is? Thanks for your time! :)

Unless the pirate night is held before it goes into Alaskan waters, I've not read of any change.

Will you name the sources?

You can add the weblink and the address will be ****'d out if it is not allowed to be posted on here and without any penalty to you.

If it's from the: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/destinations/disney-cruise-line/

Their information is very unreliable and often inaccurate despite being on a Disney page. And that figures since even DCL shoreside call centers cannot often answer a question correctly!

ex techie

Disney is doing ONE fireworks night pre-cruise on July 30, 2016 in Vancouver Celebration of Light. Not visible on the Wonder.

Can you make Vancouver pre/post-cruise for July 30th?

http://hondacelebrationoflight.com/

Right after the fireworks... Vancouver will be hosting the Pride parade in the morning.

Edited by xlxo

Will you name the sources?

Gosh, let me see if I can find it. I was doing one of those "type something in the search window / scroll, scroll / click, click / scroll some more / click" and I don't remember where I read it, but I'll come back and post if I find the specific quote. [emoji5]

They didn't have it on my 2012 cruise, due to it offending the wildlife.

I just looked at the activities for my 2016 cruise and it is not on there. There's a Pixar Party, Frozen party and sail away party. No fireworks and no pirates.

Disney is doing ONE fireworks night pre-cruise on July 30, 2016 in Vancouver Celebration of Light. Not visible on the Wonder.

Can you make Vancouver pre/post-cruise for July 30th?

http://hondacelebrationoflight.com/

Right after the fireworks... Vancouver will be hosting the Pride parade in the morning.

But Vancouver isn't Alaska, and as you noted, this celebration is not being shot off from the Wonder.

Disney actually does firework celebrations around the world when contracted by various municipalities. Several years ago, they participated in the best ever show in the city where I live. The rumor is that after much interference from local officials, Disney decided to never "partner" with a local group again--they will either do it or not do it, but will not be involved in some sort of a blend as to who is in charge. I can't verify that anywhere. As I said, local rumor.