Star Princess Today

ntvsdgrl

Just curious..... Isn't Star Princess scheduled to leave from Vancouver today? It's 7:35 and it's still at the dock.

Anyone on board right now?

I am not onboard but they had a delayed departure due to a deep cleaning after Noro on the last cruise.

I'm not on board, but it could have something to do with having 3 ships tied up at Canada Place and insufficient US Immigration staff on hand to process 8,000 passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yeah I'm on the Star to Alaska next Saturday - 3 ships in port that day too. I was hoping to see her get away on time today but she is still docked at Canada Place almost 4 hours late. Guess I better find a good book for next weekend!

Just curious..... Isn't Star Princess scheduled to leave from Vancouver today? It's 7:35 and it's still at the dock.

Anyone on board right now?

There is another thread discussing recent and current delays from Canada Place and some have been very lengthy delays. :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355752

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm not on board, but it could have something to do with having 3 ships tied up at Canada Place and insufficient US Immigration staff on hand to process 8,000 passengers.

A lack of US CBP personnel is the reason being speculated on the other thread.

Last Saturday & today delays are being reported of about 4 hours.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The Star is away from Vancouver and I can see her just on the horizon about 15 mins from our house. She is running a full 3 hrs late but will make the tide in Seymour Narrows just after midnight...so nobody is going to be inconvenienced. The Coral and the New Amsterdam were about 2 hrs late tonight.

A lack of US CBP personnel is the reason being speculated on the other thread.

Last Saturday & today delays are being reported of about 4 hours.

Interesting! We got off the Ruby last Saturday. It was the smoothest disembarkation we've ever done. In fact the ship was ahead of schedule with disembarkation by about 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Star leaving May 14. Departure was a zoo. As noted, three ships in port and everybody slogging through one line most of the way. Some of the ground personnel were sending passengers for the Star through the line for the Coral and Holland ship. The Star was undergoing a deep cleaning. Some passengers stayed in the departure lounge for several hours after we were allowed to board. Initially we were only allowed on the Lido deck.