charging mp3

gmadvm

We are going on Jewel of the Seas out of Boston on Saturday (hope Wilma doesn't affect us too much) and I just got a new mp3 player but only have 1 battery. Can't locate a charger or a second battery, so this model needs to be charged through a computer. Does anybody know if we could plug it into one of the computers in the internet cafe? I guess my question is if there are multiple individual computers or are there multiple monitors hooked up to one giant motherboard behind the scenes.

Thanks

Don't think this will be possible. On all the RCI ships I've been on the computers are locked in a cabinet in the desk. You only have access to the monitor, keyboard and mouse. Sorry.

I concur with what you had to say. The tower is locked up behind a pretty little door. There is no way to get to it.

What kind of mp3 player? The Ipod has an adapter you can buy with a USP port that plugs into a wall socket. You plug it in, then connect to that USB port just like you were plugging it into a computer. It's about $30 from Target. I don't know if it works on other mp3 players, but I don't know why it wouldn't....it's just a USB port.

I have to agree with everyone else. I remember them being locked up as well.

Try Circuit City, Best Buy, OfficeMax or Staples. They would most likely have a charger that should work depending on your type of MP3 player. Just take your MP3 with you and they will be able to let you know for sure if they have something that would fit.

thanks for the quick replies. i have a zen mp3, and none of the stores around here carry the charger. if i'm going to order it i'll have to express ship it and hubby is adamant against paying extra for it. he ordered me a different one about 2 months ago, it was backordered so he scrambled to get this one, only to find out last night about the charging issue, so he is mad. i'm for just ordering the charger. i want it for the cruise. :)

What kind of mp3 player? The Ipod has an adapter you can buy with a USP port that plugs into a wall socket. You plug it in, then connect to that USB port just like you were plugging it into a computer. It's about $30 from Target. I don't know if it works on other mp3 players, but I don't know why it wouldn't....it's just a USB port.

My Ipod came with the adapter. Don't they all?

We are going on Jewel of the Seas out of Boston on Saturday (hope Wilma doesn't affect us too much) and I just got a new mp3 player but only have 1 battery. Can't locate a charger or a second battery, so this model needs to be charged through a computer. Does anybody know if we could plug it into one of the computers in the internet cafe? I guess my question is if there are multiple individual computers or are there multiple monitors hooked up to one giant motherboard behind the scenes.

Thanks

I don't think you can do that. I have an IPOD so I don't have your problem.

Will see you onboard. Hope you have signed up for the Meet and Mingle. It is not too late to join our thread and meet some of the folks you will be sailing with on Saturday. This will be our third cruise on Jewel and we are looking forward to being on her again.:)

Just wanted to let you know that I also have the Zen Micro charger that plugs into the wall, not the computer. I don't like giving out my cabin # on-line, but we can coordinate something through the Pursur's desk if you can't make the Meet & Mingle.

Bill, I have been remiss in joining the roll call, but have been following some of the posts. You are a wealth of information! I hope to meet you and the others!

That's awful nice of you Lucky Max. I would love to borrow the charger. I was just thinking I was going to have to lug the laptop along for no other reason than using it as an electricity conduit. My name is Gerri Aviza. How do we get connected at the purser's desk? I'm too late to register for meet and mingle.

Thank you

Gerri

I can ask the purser desk to patch me through to your room to leave you a message on your phone. If that fails for some reason, I can leave a message at the Purser's desk for you with my # to call.

48 hours and we should be on board!

thanks jane. i'll take you up on the offer.

i haven't packed yet, but i have tomorrow off. they are paving the parking lot at work. so sad, we can't get in to keep the building open. so i'm starting vacation early.

Archived