Short Time in Belize - Can we do an Excursion?

stephenandrew

Hi-

We are scheduled to be in Belize on 1/24/06 ---arriving at 6:30AM and departing at 1:30PM on the Grand Princess. This strikes me as a rather odd time to arrive and depart---but it is what it is. I understand that one has to take a tender from the ship to the Belize dock, and then obviously back when returning to the ship. Will we realistically have time to do any excurisons in Belize? Based on what I read here, I was leaning toward one of the cave tubing tours---is this do-able? Would I be safest booking a tour thru the ship because of the limitted time in port? Thanks for the advice.

stephanandrew .... You have what I'd call a "short port stop" and you will be doing tenders. On top of that you've never been there ....

Just find an excursion offered by the ship that you think you would like! It will be so much easier. We've cruised quite a bit but still prefer to take an excursion offered by the ship if possible! They pick you up from the ship, take you to have FUN, and return you to the ship ... all with no effort on your part and you "never miss the boat".

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Note: Princess has been our favorite cruise line for shore excursions.

stephanandrew .... You have what I'd call a "short port stop" and you will be doing tenders. On top of that you've never been there ....

Just find an excursion offered by the ship that you think you would like! It will be so much easier. We've cruised quite a bit but still prefer to take an excursion offered by the ship if possible! They pick you up from the ship, take you to have FUN, and return you to the ship ... all with no effort on your part and you "never miss the boat".

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Note: Princess has been our favorite cruise line for shore excursions.

Thanks for the suggestions---doing a cruiseship excursion should provide some peace of mind.

Hi-

We are scheduled to be in Belize on 1/24/06 ---arriving at 6:30AM and departing at 1:30PM on the Grand Princess. This strikes me as a rather odd time to arrive and depart---but it is what it is. QUOTE]

We are also on the Grand with this 'weird' port time. I believe the reason for the odd timing is to get that far south and stay on time. The previous itinerary had Belize on day one 1-7pm, and Costa Maya day two 8-4pm. The new itinerary is Costa Maya day one 10-7pm and Belize 6:30-1:30. From reading posts of people who had done the previous route, it seemed most tours were either cut short in Belize, or passengers were doing excursions in the dark. This seems to be Princess' way of correcting those issues.

We're on the Grand, 2/11, and what was mentioned earlier about the itinerary changes was the result of getting to Belize too late to do anything fairly often. Unfortunately, the change makes for the early departure so they have tme to get to Grand Cayman at a resonable time. I think Princess is very confident in meeting that Port time because they have changed the Itineray for Fall of '06 to Roatan instead of GC and offering better Port schedules at all the Ports.

All that said, we've decided to do one of the Zip Line excusions that is being offered......all we have to do now is make up our minds which one:confused:

Decisions,decisions,decisions;)

Mike

http://www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

Archived