vow renewal on Magic

pntnnc

I am celebrating my 25th on the Magic as well so you got me curious. I went on Carnival's site. It is $450. I think that is a little pricey for me! Especially since we will be adding 2 days pre-cruise at Disney World since that is where we honeymooned! If you google search, you can find a PDF with all the info. I am not sure how to post that here.

There are 2 different ones that you can do. You go through the wedding department to set it up.

Cheaper is $450 and covers up to 20 people (include bride/groom), ceremony (performed by captain when available), certificate signed by captain, sparkling wine toast, wedding cake/topper, one 8x10 photo, rose for bride, boutonniere, $12 per extra person.

The other is $850 for up to 8 people (include bride/groom) includes the same plus hors d'oeuvres and drinks for an hour reception, $22 per extra person.

Vow renewal will take place on one of the sea days during your cruise. Need to set it up at least 30 days prior to your cruise.

It was mentioned in our fun times on Magic on the third day.

Attached is the page in question.

Basically under the PLAN ON IT section, renewal of vows.

Apparently they have the ability to do something without the 30 day requirement. I intended to ask but alas...

We did it some years ago on the Legend and it was very much worth it. But it was only $350 at that time.

194244.PDF

Typing in my Phone forgive any typos

My wife and I did this on the pride last may.. we chose the 450 package.It was great it we are already planning on doing it again for our 10 year anniversary. We booked well in advance. Once on board we had to go to cherry on top to check in again. Our "planner" met us in the steak house on the first night during our dinner (she was rude and condescending) after a talk with guest services and my wife in tears I met with the director of something or another he took over and went above and beyond. Carnival provided a spread of food. (Wings, cheeses, fruit ans veggies)We had 2 other couples with us and felt bad because there was no way we could eat all the food. They kept the champaign flowing. The big down fall is you have no idea when it will be preformed. It has to be done on a sea day but you don't know what time till the evening before due to it going good around the captains schedule. So it was not actually done on our anniversary (but that was spent in half moon cay) no complaints.

We got a photo session with pixels spent entirely too much money on pictures but, oh well. We did get a free 8×10 a certificate with the picture of the pride.

I am sure there are details I left out... if anyone has any questions or wants pics if something... just ask.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Edited by fireishott

It cost me over $4,000 to renew our vows! That's what it cost to do the 15-day cruise to Hawaii where I surprised my wife with renewing our vows on a beach on Oahu. She had no idea at all until the minister arrived. After 38 years of marriage (in 2012), it was cool that I was able to pull it off without her finding out.

My wife and I are going to be renewing our vows on the Magic for our 30th anniversary. We will be doing it a little different so it won't be costing any more than the price of the cruise.

Our plan is to get up early on our anniversary and find a nice place to watch the sunrise, we will then try to find a quite place and informally say a vow or dedication to each other. Afterwards have a nice breakfast, and we already have the steakhouse booked for dinner.

I believe this approach is not as traditional but more personal and a lot cheaper. We are really looking forward to it.