Tucker's Point

timberlysmom

I've booked a private charter that leaves from the dock at Tucker's Point Hotel. Would you recommend taking the ferry from the dockyard to Hamilton and taking a taxi the rest of the way (we do need to make a quick grocery stop) or taking the ferry to St.George and taxing to the dock from there? My father-in-law can get slightly sea sick, so if the ferry to St. George isn't MUCH more efficient, we'll likely not torture him on the ferry since he'll be tortured enough on the sailboat all day.

Additionally, my grocery run will find me looking for a cake to celebrate my BIL and SIL's 10th anniversary (we'll be watching them renew their vows on the beach during our sailing that day), and possibly a fresh floral bouquet and boutonniere. I was thinking to stop at the Harrington Hundreds on South Rd...would they have these items available (the charter captain said they'd have cakes, so I'm mostly asking about flowers, I suppose)?

I've booked a private charter that leaves from the dock at Tucker's Point Hotel. Would you recommend taking the ferry from the dockyard to Hamilton and taking a taxi the rest of the way (we do need to make a quick grocery stop) or taking the ferry to St.George and taxing to the dock from there? My father-in-law can get slightly sea sick, so if the ferry to St. George isn't MUCH more efficient, we'll likely not torture him on the ferry since he'll be tortured enough on the sailboat all day.

Additionally, my grocery run will find me looking for a cake to celebrate my BIL and SIL's 10th anniversary (we'll be watching them renew their vows on the beach during our sailing that day), and possibly a fresh floral bouquet and boutonniere. I was thinking to stop at the Harrington Hundreds on South Rd...would they have these items available (the charter captain said they'd have cakes, so I'm mostly asking about flowers, I suppose)?

You could do it either way but I would pick taking the ferry to Hamilton over taking the ferry to St. George to go to Tucker's Point not even accounting for getting sea sick. The ferry to Hamilton is more efficient. While the road distance is about the same from each ferry terminal the ferry to Hamilton is half the time as to St. George.

Can't answer your question about flowers but I would think you could get them in Hamilton before catching the taxi. Or ask the taxi driver about getting them on the way.

Edited by Charles4515