Delayed Embarkation E-mail?

sandkps

Just received an email that embarkation will be delayed 4 hours for our Ecstasy cruise tomorrow. :( The e-mail advised that we should arrive between 3-5, but we have FTTF. Is 3-5 the time we should arrive for that, or should we still arrive a bit early?

Prior to buying FTTF, our arrival window was 12:30-2:30, but with FTTF we were planning on arriving around 10:30. Now I'm confused as to when we should get to the port.

Thanks for any insight you can give!

Just received an email that embarkation will be delayed 4 hours for our Ecstasy cruise tomorrow. :( The e-mail advised that we should arrive between 3-5, but we have FTTF. Is 3-5 the time we should arrive for that, or should we still arrive a bit early?

Prior to buying FTTF, our arrival window was 12:30-2:30, but with FTTF we were planning on arriving around 10:30. Now I'm confused as to when we should get to the port.

We are on this cruise as well and got the same message. We are platinum and our plan is to arrive around 130 or 2PM. I have never cruised out of Charleston before but I understand it may be a bit congested so the last thing I want to do precruise is sit or stand in a hot line of people or cars! Should be an interesting day. Good luck!

Wondering why the delay? My mom and her friends are all on the current sailing so I guess for them it's a good thing... Extra cruise time but curious as to what would cause it to be late? I'm thinking weather?

Here's a portion of the e-mail:

"We are sorry to say we have been experiencing adverse weather conditions on our return to Charleston, since our departure from Bermuda. Consequently, we’ve had to reduce our speed to provide our guests a more comfortable cruising experience. Therefore, our arrival tomorrow will be delayed by approximately four hours. We anticipate being alongside at 10:00 AM and debarkation is expected to commence immediately thereafter."

Here's a portion of the e-mail:

"We are sorry to say we have been experiencing adverse weather conditions on our return to Charleston, since our departure from Bermuda. Consequently, we’ve had to reduce our speed to provide our guests a more comfortable cruising experience. Therefore, our arrival tomorrow will be delayed by approximately four hours. We anticipate being alongside at 10:00 AM and debarkation is expected to commence immediately thereafter."

Sounds like the insight is in the email. Sadly, I believe you are facing a complete mess tomorrow. Late debarkation combined with normal early arrival of those who don't check or disregard the email.

Depending on your tender ports (if any) you might consider asking Guest Services to refund your FTTF.

We received a recorded telephone call from Carnival stating due to weather that the ship would be delayed. It also said that we should arrive between 3 and 5. We are in Mt. Pleasant at the Shem Creek Inn and check out is at 11. I guess we'll have to find something to do for a few hours. I think it's going to be a mess at the port area, especially if some didn't receive a call or email.

Sounds like the insight is in the email. Sadly, I believe you are facing a complete mess tomorrow. Late debarkation combined with normal early arrival of those who don't check or disregard the email.

Depending on your tender ports (if any) you might consider asking Guest Services to refund your FTTF.

Why? The only possible FTTF benefit that could be remotely considered compromised is that cabin would be ready upon boarding - and it still will be. Every other FTTF benefit remains unaffected by a delayed embarkation.

We just got off the Ecstasy this morning - ran into some really bad wind Wednesday that had the ship rocking and rolling. Captain had to slow it down so we wouldn't be tossed around too badly.

Hopefully folks won't have too much trouble with embarkation this afternoon...we got off the ship a little after 10am, everything seemed to be going well at that point. I didn't see a line of cars waiting (meaning people paid attention to their emails/calls!).