Royal carribean or princess cruise?

FRANCOIS

I havent made a lot of cruise, one southern on the Golden Princess and the second one on the Carnival Victory to the Western Carribean.

I did prefer Princess for their multiple choise at dinner and if you didnt like the daily menu you could chose the shrimp cocktail and steak every day! not on Victory.

On the Radiance is there other choice available at dinner if we dont like the daily one?

I got a quote by RCR and I get a balcony for the same price on the Star compare to the princess Outside view only!

Why do I get more with RCR? is it nice?

I need advice from someone how did both cruiseline.

thank you in advance

frank

Royal Caribbean has an "Always Available" portion to the menu. You can view the menu each day outside of the dining room and you can decide to eat there, the Windjammer, room service or one of the alternate dining restaurants.

Cabin price is going to vary due to line, ship, itinerary, season, time of booking, specials, which TA you use, etc.

Prices depend on lots of things. Could be group prices, could be ships are getting full, or not full, could be age of ship, etc...

Having been on the Mariner twice, you can't go wrong. I am wanting to "broaden our horizons" and try something different besides Celebrity and Royal C., so we are looking at going on the Princess line to see what we think.

I was told before doing my first cruise that if I had to do only one cruise it should be on Princess.

So I did southern from San Juan on the Princess and then I went on the Victory Carnival, it was alright because I had my kids that time but Princess

was much well quote than Carnival.

I readed people on this bord asking how to get a table for dinner near a window... we had that on the Princess every day and the food was at my taste less fancy and you could ask as much as you want.

I hope you will try a Princess cruise, we were on te Golden, aft balcony room!

that was hawsome!

best

frank

we have done about 17 cruises on 7-8 diferent lines. we usually select cruises by itinerary rather than ship. having said that, we have sailed rccl 4 times and princess twice. both ships provided wonderful experiences. however, i have posted many times that i believe that rccl offers the best bang for the buck. i still believe that to be true and often recommend rccl as the cruise to choose for the first experience. good luck. you won't be disappointed in either line.

Depending on your tastes and likes you will probably like one cruise line slightly more than another, and the guy sitting next to you will think just the opposite. My friend just got off the Golden Princess and was on an excursion with someone who had also sailed on RCCL. She asked her which she liked better and she said RCCL for a very silly reason... she liked the ice cream and cookies better on RCCL! Now that's not a reason for me personally to switch, but to each his/her own!

Archived