Pride of America sewage smell

spoke to another supervisor this morning regarding this issue. he said he has never heard of this problem. asked how long he's been with ncl. he said 5+ years. asked to escalate the issue to his supervisor. was told he would do so & get back to me by june 3, 2016. would not give me the contact info for his supervisor. said he would handle at his "escalation area."

was looking at reviews today and saw sewage smell problems in reviews dated january 2006 (cruisereport.com). also read another review talking about the same problem dated january 2012 (ripoffreport.com). so it's something that has been around for at least 10 years.

The person you said had never heard of it must have been having treatment for wax occlusion of his ear canals. Really, five years never heard of it?

We had that issue on the Disney Magic a few years back, in my mothers accessible cabin. It was a floor drain.

Just goes to show that even Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy also have this problem. Pluto, did you ?????

spoke to another supervisor this morning regarding this issue. he said he has never heard of this problem. asked how long he's been with ncl. he said 5+ years. asked to escalate the issue to his supervisor. was told he would do so & get back to me by june 3, 2016. would not give me the contact info for his supervisor. said he would handle at his "escalation area."

was looking at reviews today and saw sewage smell problems in reviews dated january 2006 (cruisereport.com). also read another review talking about the same problem dated january 2012 (ripoffreport.com). so it's something that has been around for at least 10 years.

I doubt very much you are going to get any sort of answer from NCL that is going to satisfy you. Your best bet is to continue to monitor for reports here, and make up your mind whether or not a random smell is a deal breaker for you. The last couple reports I've seen indicate that there is currently no issue with smells. But as chengkp75 pointed out, there are many factors involved, and this is something which happens from time to time on all ships. I'm sure you could pick out any ship from any cruiseline and find reports over the years.

We sailed the Sun with no issues in 2013 and subsequently saw reports here re smells. On the POA, no smells in 2014, and then in 2016, 15 seconds of unpleasant odors once or twice a day, not a big deal in the scheme of things, at least in my opinion. Had I been elsewhere on the ship, I would never have known. This is nothing which can be predicted, just like mechanical problems, soot on balconies, bad weather and any of the other issues which cruisers complain about.

Edited by punkincc